Price Of Cupcakes

Decorating By cakelady Updated 16 Jan 2005 , 3:25pm by trisha1972

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 14 Jan 2005 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a dozen cupcakes to accompany a cake - it sounds like she doesn't want the cost of a bigger cake...........anyway, I'm not sure how to price cupcakes. They are supposed to be marble with green grass on top......she plans on putting picks in them. Any suggestions out there?

5 replies
VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 14 Jan 2005 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 6

No less than $1 each for the small cupcakes. Charge more for a jumbo cupcake.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 14 Jan 2005 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with VickiC.........no less than $1. for each small cupcake. Consider how much time it takes to decorate each individual one! Happy baking, Missey

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Jan 2005 , 10:30am
post #4 of 6

If you'll have to make a whole batch of batter to make half a batch of cupcakes, charge accordingly. That whole batch is in your costs.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Jan 2005 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with all...

Cupcakes are not any cheaper to make despite what Brides may think.They are actually more time consuming than a larger tiered cake.Don't undersell yourself and charge accordingly..if she doesn't want to pay that then maybe she could bake and decorate them herself!!!

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 16 Jan 2005 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 6

I charge just like a basic cake. It takes the same amount of ingredients to make a batch (24) cupcakes as a cake. YOUR lady only wants 12??? I'd charge even alittle more than $1, since your going to have 1/2 of the batter that you will then have to do something with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%