Filling Receipe W/ Raspberry Fruit Spread??

Decorating By sugarbaker Updated 12 Sep 2006 , 7:12pm by patton78

sugarbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbaker Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

I am making a 10 in. two layer cake (wilton course I final) I am using DH, french vanilla and wanted to fill it w/ a raspberry filling- I don't have fresh or frozen berries but I do have fruit spread that is w/out seeds. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Tina

7 replies
Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:21am
post #2 of 8

there's a raspberry mousse filling on CC that is great. It calls for raspberry preserves, cream cheese and cool whip...don't know if you have those or need to make it now, but if not, it's good!

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:24am
post #3 of 8

I like to spread the fruit spread onto the torted cake layer, then put cheesecake filling or pastry cream on topof it. Or maybe some whipped ganache filling. Or, just mix the fruit spread into some IMBC for a great filling. Or you could mix it into some stabilized whipped cream.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:24am
post #4 of 8

my instructor said she uses perserves as a filling. I personally have never tried it though. Gl

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 8

i've used regular pie filling.... i think it was strawberry. some of the strawberries were really big, so i had to cut them up a bit. the couple that the cake was for loved it, which made me breathe a sigh of relief! i'd never done a filled cake before. hth

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:07pm
post #6 of 8

ooooooooooh is it polaner??? that's soooooo good as a filling!!!

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 8

What I usually do is take jam (the fruit spread should work) and mix with buttercream frosting. It works great, especially with a good quality jam/preserve. I can not tell you exact proportions - I usually just place a blob of the buttercream in a bowl and mix in the fruit untill it looks/ tastes right.

The amount of butter cream will vary with the density of the jam/preserves/spread - a thick spread will not need as much buttercrem as something thin.

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 8

Try out the raspberry mouse fillling on this site as suggested earlier. It is soo good and soo easy to make, I always use it with French Vanilla cake. I am going to make a cake next week and am planning on replacing the raspberry jelly with strawberry, never tried that combo before but I am sure it will be good. I use the Polaner all fuit, seedless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%