Need Ideas For 50Th Birthday Cake........

Decorating By jwm296 Updated 10 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm by jwm296

jwm296 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwm296 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a cake for a surprise 50th birthday party to feed about 70-80 guests. My only restrictions are the colors: white, pink, and teal. The rest is up to me. I really want to do something that'll make thier jaws drop. I did a10x15 a week ago where i airbrushed the lattice on top. Wife suggested something like that, but with basketweave in sides, but i don't know if that will look right. Any opinions ? or ideas?

2 replies
Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 3

Do you want to go with something fun, like a retro theme - "peace, love, flower power, etc. Or do you want something elegant? Your airbrushed lattice is very pretty and I think would look good with basket weave. Search the galleries for 50th birthday cakes. There are a lot of good ones there.

Edited to add:

I knew I had seen a neat one with those colors. This was an anniversary, but certainly could be a birthday.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=50th%20anniversary&cat=0&pos=140&search=50th%20anniversary

jwm296 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwm296 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Tiffysma, that is a great looking cake. I want to go with an elegant style.......but not really wedding type elegant if that makes sense

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%