Reptile And Spider Themed Cake

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 18 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm by Mac

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:17am
post #1 of 9

I just received an e-mail order request for a cake for a 3-year-olds party at the science center next weekend. He's having a "meet the animals" theme, specifically reptiles and spiders. Any ideas? I was thinking of a desert scene...cactus...sand...with spiders dangling from the cacti and a snake or two slithering around the cake...maybe down the sides? What do you think? Anyone else have any ideas as to how these two creatures can be intertwined...a non-scary idea...since it's a 3yo?

Thanks so much!!!

Amy

8 replies
cakesbyamym Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 8:18am
post #2 of 9

I'm going to :::bump::: my own post in hopes of some other ideas... icon_smile.gif

Amy

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 9

two cacti -- stretched between them a spiders web w/ spider -- then ala Charlotte's Web -- Happy B-Day (name) is written in the web (web is RI) (if really wanted to go over the top -- make it look the spider has also done the notes to the music)

looking at the web, decked out in little party hats of course, couple of snakes and and a lizard or two. (try to make it look like they're singing.

------also since this is going to be a an NC area thing -- consider doing trees instead of desert and included reptiles from this area.

could have one of the snakes be a boa or python and that one would wrap around all the cake layers as a border w/ it's head resting on top.

is it possible to call the science center to find out which reptiles are usually present at such parties?

----------------------------------------------

and on a totally wacky -- not really appropo for this party -- one image that popped into my head was 2 snakes -- one having finished shedding it's old skin saying to the other -- "Does this new skin make me look fat?"

cakesbyamym Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 9

Doug, in the words of my 6-year-old, YOU ROCK!!! thumbs_up.gif Thanks so much for the additional ideas!!! It's exactly what I was looking for!!!

Thanks again, Doug!!! icon_lol.gif
Amy

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 9

I made a "Fear Factor" cake (in my photos) with a snake out of fondant...fondant grasshoppers. I also found some "Fear Factor" candy that I added.

There is also a 3D snake cake in my photos. That one was really fun to make...made me put on my creative, thinking cap.

The "Fear Factor" cake is on page 4

cakesbyamym Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks Mac..going to look right now!

Amy

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 9

I like both ideas. Doug's idea would be great. one extra suggestion would be that the snake go around the cake and the make it look like it went through and popping out of the top.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 9

Oh forgot. It you do mac's 3d snake you could do cupcakes or mini cupcakes that look like spiders.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 9

Great idea, julzs71

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%