Fbct On My First Cupcake Cake

Decorating By Derby Updated 14 Sep 2006 , 3:53am by confectionaryperfection

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 7

Whoa! These cakes are fun to make, but the FBCT was a disaster! The black was bleeding everywhere (I used canned chocolate fudge for the black) and then it stuck to the wax paper. SEE the Wonder Woman cake in MY PHOTOS. I finally got it onto the cake and then I went over some of the black lines again and added the white and red stars. Oh brother!

Any suggestions on another way to color black frosting that works well with FBCT? I used the chocolate fudge canned frosting on the advice of fellow cc users saying that it doesn't bleed as much onto the other colors. It worked well for my Elmo cake, but not for FBCT.

I don't want my black frosting to be bitter.

HELP!
LL

6 replies
cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 7

I generally use chocolate buttercream as a base for black then add the black. I am thinking the chocolate fudge was a bit soft - I don't know never used it. I think your FBCT looks great - I love wonderwoman!! thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 7

I also use dark chocolate buttercream and then add black. Never any probs with it running...so far! Also my suggestion is to use parchment (I like the wilton silicone treated) and the FBCT peel right off! I read where a lot of people's things stick to wax paper. Parchment works a lot better for me. I dont know if it is just silicone treated kind or all kinds, but nothing sticks to it...Okay so it is kind of annoying to tape it down!! lol! but I am sure it is a lot less annoying than your FBCT sticking to wax paper!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:19am
post #4 of 7

thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bovaritter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bovaritter Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:23am
post #5 of 7

I will have to try that parchment paper too! Thanks for the tip!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 1:31am
post #6 of 7

I also use chocolate bc with black coloring added to it. I haven't had a problem of the black bleeding...I guess b/c you don't have to add that much coloring to it.

Great job on your first fbct!!!

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 3:53am
post #7 of 7

i think it is fantastic!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%