Nick Cake

Decorating By app_37190 Updated 9 Sep 2006 , 10:32pm by app_37190

app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 7

My daughters 5th birthday is coming up and she wants a Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and Fairly Oddparents cake! I am just not sure exactly how to mesh all of that together. I thought of maybe doing 3 tier. Bottom layer spongebob, middle Fairly Oddparents and the top Jimmy Neutron maybe in his hover ship. So bottom ocean, middle ground, and top sky. Does that make since? Here are my two dilemas I have never done a tier cake before and I don't really need all of that cake. Any other ideas would be appreciated. If I could pull off what I am thinking it would be great but I need other ideas in case I chicken out of trying the tiers.

6 replies
ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 7

Since you don't need that much cake, maybe a 9 x 13 (or whatever) cut into three and step them one a little higher than the other.

Amycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amycat Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

I think your idea is great. If you don't need that much cake what about using a dummy cake for the bottom layer. This would make you first time stacking a cake much easier. Anyway good luck and sumbit a picture so we can see how it turns out.

Amy

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 7

I like the idea of the dummy's, but what about cupcakes?

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 7

I read your question and the responses and when humm... interesting. Went back to the home page and saw this. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-64535

Why not just divide the cake top into three areas as that one is? Then decorate each part with your daughter's requests.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

Why not just divide the cake top into three areas as that one is? Then decorate each part with your daughter's requests.

That's a cool idea... you could make three sort of dream sequences melding into each other.... lots to play with there.

app_37190 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
app_37190 Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 7

I may try the dummy cake idea. I also like the dream sequence idea. I just have to be creative. I want it to be a special cake for her. I will definately post a picture when I get it done. I have a little time before it has to be done. I am just trying to plan early. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%