Creating A Larger Customer Base

Business By myriam1 Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 5:22am by Crystal13

myriam1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myriam1 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone. Need opinions/advice on how to create a larger customer base. I'm going to try the "refer a friend" thing but would like to reach new customers.

Thanks.

2 replies
mjpbmf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjpbmf Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:09am
post #2 of 3

Do you have business cards? If not, make some right away and send some with every cake you make. Also, if you have a DH that has a full-time job I suggest sending some "samples" to work with him along with the business cards again. That should draw up some business. HTH!

Crystal13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal13 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 5:22am
post #3 of 3

I also recently sent samples of my cakes in with my husband to work and have already had four orders! Another thing that has worked for me was I donated a gift certificate for my cakes to a silent auction my church has. I also put some of my business cards on the table next to my gift certificate. I have earned a lot of business this way...not only from the people who have won the gift certificate, but also just from people picking up my card. Also, if there are any mom's groups (such as MOPS, etc) in your area...my local MOPS group is starting to bring me some business. Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%