Maybe This Will Make Him Fall For Me Again

Decorating By DisneyDreamer Updated 11 Sep 2006 , 6:14pm by tatetart

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 4:27am
post #1 of 25

Image Image
The trojans go on the sides of the cake and on the top of the cake i am going to do the guy he has on his arm!!!

Oh and i have to say i should of listened to you ladys all along NEVER date a guy who wont eat cake!!! Thats my new rule!!! Now they all have to go thru the cake test!!!!

24 replies
DisneyDreamer Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 4:51am
post #2 of 25

wow i was so proud i guess it wont wow i am sad now i thought they were good icon_sad.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:27am
post #3 of 25

Those ARE good! What an ambitious cake! And so very personal (can't get more personal than body art!). I can't wait to see the finished cake.

I'm with you on the guys-who-won't-eat-cake thing. My hubby does not like cake and never tries any that I bake. So frustrating. And when I show him a "masterpiece" that I've completed, I usually get, "Looks good." I told him that I'm signing him up for gymnastics classes so he can learn to do cartwheels for me. icon_lol.gif

on the up side, my two little guys come running into the kitchen when they hear the mixer running with their fingers outstretched, waiting for dollops of frosting. I can't hear "pretty cake mama" enough! They're too little for cartwheels but I'll take their sticky hugs over cartwheels any day of the week.

Got sidetracked. Sorry. Post when you've finished the "guy" from the other arm. Are these color flow or chocolate transfers?

pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:39am
post #4 of 25

I think they look great. Very well done.

My husband doesn't like cake either. He will eat white cake w/no icing. He doesn't like icing. How weird is that? He does, however, worship Italian Creme Cake. I guess he's just picky. My son does love my cakes though. icon_cool.gif

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:45am
post #5 of 25

Disney Dreamer,
I'm in Riverside--Grand Terrace is so closeicon_smile.gif
Margery

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 6:05am
post #6 of 25

I think you did a great job. I can't wait to see the one of the man and the finished cake!!! Don't be discouraged that no one answered right away. There are a lot fewer folks on here late at night.
We're pulling for you!!!

Cindy

LickDaBowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LickDaBowl Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 25

I can see it now:

Single female in search of man of her dreams. Must be between 25 and 35, not smoke, enjoy the outdoors, and MOST OF ALL MUST LOVE CAKE and be prepared to endure late night cake-testing sessions and tell me what an amazing baker and decorator I am. Non-sweet loving men NEED NOT APPLY!

Your trojans are great! Good work...and I agree...what were you thinking dating someone who doesn't love cake?!?!?! I'm totally kidding--I married one of those guys (although every once in a while he appeases me!). Just find some friends or family to experiment on!!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 2:39pm
post #8 of 25

oh thank u thank u thank u thank u----i was just looking for a trojan head-----love them--can't wait to see the finished cake

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 25

Your trojan heads look GREAT!!!!!

Please post your cake when you finished, I can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

usaribbon.gif

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 25

Can't wait to see the finished cake! Your husband must be into ska ... brings me back to my teenage years!!! lol

DisneyDreamer Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 8:15pm
post #11 of 25

First things first thank you all some much i was panicing big time last night i want this cake to be great and i want it to be my best!!!!!! So thank you all for calming me down!!!

Second i made them out of royal icing i was up till three am making more and more they just never looked right i keep think the next set will be perfict well 10 sets later i had to go to bed!!!

Third okay i am going home to work on it now and i want the english beat girl and the specials guy to stand up on top of the cake!!! and for the top of the cake i and going to do a checkerd floor??? and then the three guys on the side with fun looking lines of music (like sheet music) but i need help with the toppers how do i make them should i make a cookie backer to keep them safe??? I dont know should i do fbct for them or royal icing??? help help help icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

getfrosted Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 8:23pm
post #12 of 25

I think you will do a great job on this cake! I am eagerly waited for the finished pictures as I am a fan of both those bands!!!

If you are confident with the fbct it would work good - the specials guys are pretty simple with straight lines and only two-tone. The beat girl to me would be the complicated one, more colours and more details.

The checkerboard background would be really good for this as well. Have fun with it no matter what and turn on the tunes to get yourself into the mood of the cake!

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 5:22pm
post #13 of 25

okay here it is its not done but i need help!!! none of my trojans turned out so i had to just do them on the side freehand!! I need some help on how to finish it off!!!!
feel free to tell me what you think and how i can i make it better!!!!!

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 5:38pm
post #14 of 25

i forgot to say this by FAR has to be my fave cake!!! It frusterated the hell out of me (i hate making choclate cakesicon_mad.gif) but never once did i want to quit (or even cry thats a first)! i messed up a lot but keep going and going i worked on it from oh 6:30pm-4 am!!! i know your thinking shit thats a long time i know i knowi lots of opps and stuff but i just wanted to share how much fun this cake was for me!!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 6:05pm
post #15 of 25

Hope he appreciates the time and the effort you put into this cake.

You put your heart and soul into it!!

Let us know if he liked it and if he deserved the effort!!

!!!

getfrosted Posted 9 Sep 2006 , 6:23pm
post #16 of 25

The cake looks great! Did your boyfriend like it???? Did he change his mind about cake???

What did you do the people with? I am thinking that I have to make cookies now with The Specials guy on them ... hmmmm, those will have to wait until another weekend too many cakes to do today!

You did a great job - my only thought is maybe you should try colorflow for the people so that you could stand them up with supports next time. You could attach them to cookie sticks also .... either way they and the entire cake looks great!

DisneyDreamer Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 4:43am
post #17 of 25

i lied i am ready to cry my FBCT keeps melting i was going to use color flow but i didnt have time for it to dry and i am going to take him this cake in less then 15 hrs its 80+ in my house i am about it fling myself of the house!!! i have not seen this guy in a little under a year this was my way of getting to see him and if this cake looks bad after i made a big deal about it i am going to look like a ass what do i do?????? icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 4:49am
post #18 of 25

try using candy melts or royal icing... once the candy melts harden... they really don't tend to melt easily...

TheCakeSmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeSmith Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 4:53am
post #19 of 25

I would love to see this cake, but when people put the image into the post I can never see them. Can anyone help me out??

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 11:48am
post #20 of 25

It's probably your firewall. Mine does that. I have to actually turn off my firewall and refresh the page to see the pictures, then I can turn it back on. There is supposed to be a way to set something in the firewall settings, but I've tried everything and can't get it to work.

DisneyDreamer Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 12:22am
post #21 of 25

Thank you thanks you thank you i cant say thank you enough it turned out the way i wanted it to in the first place thanks so much i took this photo before i added music notes to the cake but it looks a hell of a lot better now thanks Image Image

ckkerber Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 2:31am
post #22 of 25

That looks awesome . . . I love your figures and your record player. Did he like it???

DisneyDreamer Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 5:26pm
post #23 of 25

funny story i spent a LOT of time on it and now i cant get a hold of him to take the damn thing i wish i knew where he lived i would drop it off so i guess its going in the trash

ckkerber Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 6:03pm
post #24 of 25

YOU'RE KIDDING!!! No, that can't go into the trash. you did such an awesome job on it! And you put so much into it! Keep trying to reach him!!!

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 6:14pm
post #25 of 25

If he isn't calling you with all you have to offer-ie. your big heart, your creative spirit--then he is just not worth the effort.

Don't throw that cake away! You would dishonor yourself.

Call all your friends. Have a huge party and enjoy that cake with people who love you.

Forget him! thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%