Cake Workshops ?

Decorating By ombaker Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 6:32am by KimAZ

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know the best way to find out if there is a cake workshop going on in your town? I would love to take something other than a Wilton class but have no idea how to find out if anything is available. I live in the Phoenix area is any of you out there are from AZ too.

BTW thos of you in the same area as me, is there any kind of cake club in town that might welcome a new member?

11 replies
mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 12

Try your local cake supply stores. The one I go to is great! They even bring people in to do classes for them. Nick Lodge is coming and I am planning on taking a class from Bronwen Weber in October!
Melissa

ombaker Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks for the suggestion. The one cake place in town that I go to holds their own classes but I have never seen a guest teacher posted. Maybe I will ask them if they know of anyone schedualed though.

Jeffsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeffsgal Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 12

OMBAKER,

I see in the links area on CC that there is a cake club in Mesa.
Hope this is what you are looking for.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 12

Did you look on the ICES website yet? They may have links to places that may have workshops, or the local chapter may put some on.

ombaker Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 12

Thx jeffsgal and czyadgrl I'm off to check both of those out!

ombaker Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 12

Thx jeffsgal and czyadgrl I'm off to check both of those out!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 12

Arizona Confection Connection Cake Club meets every last Monday of the month from 7-9 pm at the Mesa Church of Christ located at 1223 E. Dana Street, Mesa AZ (on Stapley just South of Main). For more information contact Esther Helser at [email protected]

There is also a West Valley club...don't have the name but I would imagine Esther could head you in the right direction.

KristasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristasCakes Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:59am
post #9 of 12

Hi! I live in North Phoenix and have only attended the Wilton classes at JoAnn in Peoria. I guess ABC has classes, too, but I havn't checked those out. My instructor now for the F&GP has a cake club out of North Phoenix, I think. I can find the name and contact info, if you'd like. I've been thinking of joining one , too.

Cassie1686 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie1686 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 5:32am
post #10 of 12

Christy's on Main Street in Mesa! They have specialty classes, I have not been yet but I really wanna take the fondant figurine class. It is a really cute shop, I think I will check out the cake club too, and by the way, what do people do at the cake club meetings?!

Cassie1686 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie1686 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 5:32am
post #11 of 12

their site is www.christyscakesupplies.com

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 6:32am
post #12 of 12

Hi ombaker,
Just wanted to share that the info posted above about the Confection Connection Cake Club in Mesa is outdated. We've been meeting at Christy's Cake Supply store for over a year now. Meetings are the last Monday of every month from 6:30pm-9:00pm. There are over 45 members and 20-30 show up every month. It's great fun! You are more than welcome to join us!! Here is our website with more info.
http://www.freewebs.com/confectionconnection/

Since you are in Cave Creek, it would probably be easier and closer for you to check out the Westside Cake Club. The meet the last Sunday of every month from 2:00pm-4:00pm at one of the members' homes in Phoenix.

As for workshops, I know Christy's Cake Supply has all kinds of classes besides the Wilton ones. She is an awesome teacher too. You can check out her website for class schedules at christyscakesupplies.com

There is also the ICES workshops. I am not a member of ICES but I know some people who are and I know they have at least 2 workshops a year in the valley.

Oh, and I know of at least 45 other ladies from here in Arizona who are here at Cake Central so there are a lot of us!

I'd be happy to help answer questions about the cake clubs if you have any. Also, there will be cake show in Glendale in Feb 2008 that we are working hard on too. Hope you can join us there!

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%