Starting A Cake Decorating/party Supply Store

Business By sweetlycreative Updated 15 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm by calvarykari

sweetlycreative Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlycreative Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 2

I recently have an opportuintity to purchase a store that is going up for public auction. I would like to start my own bakery/party supply store.
Selling fresh baked bakery items and coffees for breakfast items, but mainly sticking to decorated cakes; which I do now out of my home part-time. I have a clintel of about 70-80 regular customers, I don't know if this is going to be to big of a jump so soon, or if I should go for it. I have approxamently 20 years of expereince in baking and decorating, and always wanted to have my own shop. I have about 10 years management experance, but I have no schooling for the money or finance end of the business. My only problem I have is I do not have much money to back me up. Does anyone know where the best place to get business loans might be in the PA area. Or am I just dreaming to big here and wishing for something that is to far a reach. Any suggestions would be greatly appericiated.
www.cakesbycandy.com
icon_rolleyes.gif

1 reply
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

The best place to start is with a small business development center. Many times these are run out of local colleges. Do a google search for that in your area. The first thing they will say is to have a business plan so I would start working on that now. Just take it slow and do the research. You do not want to get into something that will drown you financially but getting organized and applying for loans is doable if you are willing to put the effort in. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%