Strawberry Cake Recipe...doctored....

Baking By vetty Updated 18 Jul 2007 , 12:40am by beccakelly

vetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vetty Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:02am
post #1 of 7

Hello all, can you please share with me your favorite doctored strawberry cake recipe? For those that have tried the Cake Mix Doctor recipe, what did you think? Thank you.

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 1:22am
post #2 of 7

The WASC cake has numerous variations:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

For strawberry, you can either add defrosted berries or strawberry jello, or strawberry extract!

My DH's fav is DH orange cake (with added orange extract) and Rich's Bettercreme for a dreamsicle cake.

HTH

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 7

i like a strawberry cream cake, i add a french vanilla pudding mix, a whole packet of dream whip, and some strawberry extract to the cake mix. tasted really good!

Trevie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trevie Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 7

I just tried the strawberry lemonade cupcake recipe I find on here. It was delicious!!! And I'm not usually a fan of strawberry cake.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 7

I tried those and found them to be WAAAAYYY to oily. I had to double and triple look at the recipe when it said to add 1 cup of oil. I trusted the good reviews and was really disappointed. The strawberry flavor was delicious but the oily texture was such a turn off. I might try them again with about half the oil. Anybody else agree about the oil or am I just crazy?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

beccakelly do you add more than a extra egg with that recipe?

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 12:40am
post #7 of 7

yes, i do add an extra egg too. the recipe i use is an adaptation of "margies incredible choc cake" in the recipe section. the main difference is i used an entire envelope of dream whip for just one cake mix (instead of two as in the other recipe), i used french vanilla pudding mix, and i left out the vinegar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%