Writing With Piping Gel?

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 6 Sep 2006 , 2:51pm by fytar

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 3

I want to do a fancy font on a baby shower cake due this weekend.. I wanted to use piping gel as a transfer for the lettering.. How long do I need to let the piping gel cure before placing onto the cake to use a template for hand writing???

2 replies
sectheatre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sectheatre Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

I"ve never actually done it this way, but I would think you would not want to wait at all, you'd want the gel wet so it would tranfer to the cake.

Thanks,
Sarah

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 3

I would like to know this as well. Although, I have been using royal icing since it dries so fast! I print out the message in the font I want, then cover it with wax paper, pipe over the message with royal icing and let it dry for about 30 minutes, then lift the wax paper up and flip it onto the cake, pressing the message into the icing leaving a nice impression.

When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to decide on the font I just hand write my message on a piece of paper and then trace it onto wax paper with a marker. I then flip the wax paper over and tape it down (the marker ink is now on the bottom side) and trace it with royal. Let it dry and then place it on the cake where you want it and press into the icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%