Help, Quick! Mmf Bow Sticking

Decorating By Launa Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 6:42pm by NewbeeBaker

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 3:52am
post #1 of 6

I'm attempting my first MMF bow. The cake is for the 21st and it's humid, so I made my loops tonight hoping it will be dry in a few days. I put my loops over an old, clean broomstick...that's all I had! When I go to take them off to lay them down on their sides, will they stick to the broomstick? They seem to be sticky right now....if they do, and my loops break, I don't have time to make another...help!!!

5 replies
missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:14am
post #2 of 6

Maybe dust them with cornstarch....try that and taking them off the broom and placing them on their side...open end up.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:26am
post #3 of 6

I agree, use lots of cornstarch and also, place a fan blowing air on/around them to help them dry out.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:36am
post #4 of 6

i wrapped a piece of wax paper around my broomstick when i did it... then the loops came off easy thumbs_up.gif hope this helps, and good luck with your cake. post pics when you're done!

mmf generally takes longer than other fondants to dry.

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

I can not thank you enough! Half of my loops were sticking, but I was able to salvage the other half. I re-made the broken ones and put waxed paper under each loop. I'll turn on the fan in the kitchen tonight. This is my first wedding shower cake and I'm really nervous. I'd love to do her wedding, too! I've only been doing cakes for a couple of months now, but have had at least one cake order a week, so I am truly blessed. As a mom of 6, I really don't have time to do more than that!! I got this cake idea from another picture posted on CC. Is it okay to post mine and make sure I give credit to the original person? Thanks again!! I think I can sleep tonight!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Launa, of course you can post your pic...we would love to see it!! Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%