Photo Transfers

Decorating By birdgirl Updated 6 Sep 2006 , 3:37pm by birdgirl

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 12:14am
post #1 of 4

I am needing help with photo transfers! I need to make a birthday cake for my grandmother who is turning 82 next week. I would like to do a photo transfer cake with a few pictures and make it look like a quilt. I can handle the quilt look, but can I get the photo transfer made with multiple photos on 1 sheet. I don't know what is used I assume a scanner. I am being charge $5.00 a sheet and want to get as many pictures on a sheet as possible. Thanks!

3 replies
sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 12:39am
post #2 of 4

if you can't find a person with a edible photo scanner, you have a couple choices. Walmart's bakery will sometimes do multiple pics on one page, but they often want to then sell you the cake. You could ask.

the other thing you can do is just print the pictures on a vellum type of paper (really heavy), and then put them on top of the fondnat. They aren't edible, but they'll look nice and should hold up against the icing. I have an icing printer at home, so I just print the pictures in edible ink onto icing sheets, then cut them out and put them on the cake.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 1:24am
post #3 of 4

birdgirl--

May a collage yourself on regualr photo paper--take the pictures you want to use and tape them on a regular piece of copy paper and scan it or copy it onto photo-paper. Then take that to Wal-mart or whereever they will make the edible image for you.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 6 Sep 2006 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 4

The local grocery store is printing them for me but I didn't ask if they used a scanner and how many pictures they could stick on each sheet. I will try printing a bunch together on photo paper and taking that to them--thank you for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%