Camo Cake

Decorating By hcakelady Updated 27 Jun 2005 , 7:46am by bigcatz

hcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hcakelady Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 1:50am
post #1 of 5

Howdy all!
I am doing a camouflage wedding cake in October and the bride wants "real tree breakup" camo and elk antlers. Have any of you ever done anything like this? I just need some ideas. The cake will be marbled chocolate, yellow and green!
Thenks in advance!
Holly

4 replies
TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 1:51am
post #2 of 5

Someone I know just did a cake with antlers... She molded the anters with tin foil and then covered them with fondant. It was a really cool cake!!

hcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hcakelady Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

By any chance could you send me a picture? I would greatly appreciate it!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

hcakelady here is the posted pic....I had the instructions but they are packed and on their way to the states.... here is the link to the cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10026/MountedDeer.jpg

as for real tree's "break up" pattern....my husbands favorite pattern...do you have access to the edible images? If so I would do the pattern that way. If not find a really good picture of the pattern...perhaps on Cabelas, and try to hand draw or color fondant. Good luck dear... icon_lol.gif no pun intended! icon_lol.gif

bigcatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigcatz Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 7:46am
post #5 of 5

[quote="flayvurdfun"]hcakelady here is the posted pic....I had the instructions but they are packed and on their way to the states....

hcakelady.... I have the instructions that flayvurdfun sent to me if you would like them just send me a pm with your email address and I will send them to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%