Brush Lines On Fondant Cakes

Decorating By foots2 Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 2:45am by Fairytale

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, How do you paint on fondant but not leave the brush strokes? Do you use more extract? Ive seen some cakes that look like they are painted thick and the brush strokes dont show. (sort of like Collette Peters cakes)Any suggestions?????

3 replies
noley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noley Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 4

some of them might be airbrushed, but the better your brush is, the less stroke marks you'll have make the color a little bit thicker and use a nice brush you might have to put a few lighter coats on to get the effect you want, and then well I also have used the brush to put the color on and then used a paper towel to blend the color in and get rid of the marks.
Jen

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:33am
post #3 of 4

Thanks.......Ill try that

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:45am
post #4 of 4

I painted the entire Colette style cake in my album and had very few brush strokes. I use sable brushes and I only paint with lemon extract. The oil in the extract helps to diffuse the luster dust. I get more brush strokes when I use petal dust. Also, you have to get the consistency of the mix just right. If you get it to thick, you'll just get clumps and brush marks. I also repaint over, and over, and over, until I get a smooth and consistent color. Sometimes that means taking some of the luster dust off.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%