Anybody Able To Tell Me How To Make A Onesie?

Decorating By fytar Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 4:32pm by fytar

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 13

Forgive me if I haven't searched through the forums...been very short on time lately and it just dawned on me that if I don't ask now, I'm going to be in a world of hurt when Sept 17 rolls around and I don't have a clue still!

It would be greatly appreciated...oh, and thanks so much to whoever it was that uploaded the fondant baby bootie patterns in the gallery!!

Tarina

12 replies
fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 13

Just my luck...it didn't show up on the homepage!!

fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 13

Help!!

fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 13

Sorry, guess I didn't wait long enough!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 13

You could always start with a 9x13,1/2 sheet or what have you (depending on the size you want the onesie to be) and either freehand the neckline,armholes and leg holes or print out a pic pf one for a template; then cover and dec in fondant.HTH

fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 13

Yeah...but I want to lay the onesie on top of the sheet cake at an angle.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 13
doitallmom Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 13

Maybe you want to start with a 12in. square and carve the onesie from that so you have room on you sheetcake to place it just the way you like.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 13

here is a template...
LL

fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:15pm
post #10 of 13

Yes, Kiddiekakes, that is what I want...I don't want to carve the sheet into anything, I want to lay a fondant onesie over the top of an iced sheet cake. Thank you so much for that. Thanks to all of you for trying to help. Tarina

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:21pm
post #11 of 13

anytime!!! icon_smile.gif

doitallmom Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:21pm
post #12 of 13

sorry fytar, I misunderstood you completely. Maybe I missed a sentence or two in the initial post. icon_redface.gif Kiddykakes template is exactly the kind of thing I was suggesting for the carving of the cake anywho. Glad you got what you needed! thumbs_up.gif

fytar Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitallmom

sorry fytar, I misunderstood you completely. Maybe I missed a sentence or two in the initial post. icon_redface.gif Kiddykakes template is exactly the kind of thing I was suggesting for the carving of the cake anywho. Glad you got what you needed! thumbs_up.gif

My fault for not explaining from the start that I wanted a fondant onesie lying on top of a sheet cake...thankfully KiddieKakes knew what I was saying right off!! You are right, though...you can lay a pattern on top of a sheet and just carve around the pattern. thumbs_up.gif T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%