Help,perfect Writing On A Cookie

Baking By cookiema Updated 25 Jul 2007 , 9:43pm by surfergina

cookiema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiema Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 11:12am
post #1 of 13

I cant write monogram or other pharases...please advise me on how to ??

thnks icon_cry.gif

12 replies
cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 13

I'can't write well, either, but I learned about Sugarveil from the people on this site- and I LOVE it!! Use sugarveil. I used it on my beach ball and flip flop cookies- as well as the Happy Birthday cake in my pics. Go to www.sugarveil.com and order the bag of icing- you do not need the whole system. I print off the letters from my computer- lay some greased parchment on top, and then pipe the icing on top of htat- with a #1. Let dry for a while, peel off, and stick on the cake or cookie. HTH!!

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 13

I love the way the lettering looks!!! Love it on your cookies. How does it taste? thanks for the info.

cupcakes Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 13

I just looked at the site. It seems so interesting and I do remember seeing this on the Food Network. Can you make up just a little of the mix and save the rest in it's package for another time. I could see using this for small details such as writing and then saving it for the next project. if that's the case it seems fantastic.
Thank you so much for sharing the site!!!!!

cakesonoccasion Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 13

Actually, I don't think it tastes very good- kinda like cardboard- BUT- it's only a small bit and when it mixes with the other icing in your mouth- you really can't tell. They say to make one cup at a time, and I pretty much 1/4 the recipe everytime I make it. That way you only use a little bit. The bag is $15- and some say that is expensive- but it will last a looong time if you're using it sparingly- and I think it is well worth it! You can use it white- or add color to it- or even dust to make it pearlized, etc. Order it- have fun!!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesonoccasion

Actually, I don't think it tastes very good- kinda like cardboard-

Really? I think it tastes pretty good. Just sweet enough to not be disgusting.

BTW - Your cookies are just darling!

cupcakes Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 13

Thank you so much for the info, this really sounds interesting. It appears to take color well, I have wilton color and I assume that will not be a problem? Thanks again for your help!

cakesonoccasion Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 12:03am
post #8 of 13

Yah- Wilton is fine- that's what I used on those- but since I've switched to Americolor- I'll never look back!! icon_smile.gif Have fun...let us know how it goes! icon_smile.gif
And Thank you, Diane!

cupcakes Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 1:36am
post #9 of 13

One more question please, after you make the letters does it just adhere to the cookie by itself or do you need something underneath the letter to adhere to a royal icing covered cookie,
Thanks!

CookieChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieChef Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks for the helpful info!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:46am
post #11 of 13

I'm totally facinated by the Sugarveil icing....... does it stick automatically to MMF or do you brush the back with water like fondant accents? Also, if you make just a bit at a time, how long can the mixed icing stay? Can you save it and if so, is it at room temp or must it be refridgerated?

Thanks again - fantastic idea. Seems like you could use this as a safer FBCT since oftentimes those break or sweat........ very cool product!

cakesonoccasion Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:49pm
post #12 of 13

I haven't had to use anything to adhere it with. You have to wait for the right moment to peel the letters off- it depends on how dry/humid the air is that day- eventually they will get set up enough where you can carefully peel them away from the parchment and place them- but they are still a bit sticky. It reminds me of peeling a sticker off of it's backing and sticking it on. (Usually I put the whole thing on a cutting board and slip it all into my oven with just the light on- it seems to speed up the process. I do not refrigerate my leftovers. Last time, I went out of town for 2 weeks- and when I came back it was growing mold- so 2 weeks is too long on the counter!! I don't know if refrigerating would have helped, but I'd say try and make only what you're going to use- I hated throwing it away. Like I said- I mostly fourth the recipe- and make only a small amount. Have fun!!

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:43pm
post #13 of 13

You can use the plastic stencil and put it on top of a cookie and use spatula to spear icing over it. Stencil can be found at Michael's or similar. Most print shop can custom stencil for you if you plan ahead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%