Backyardingan Cookies

Baking By MahalKita Updated 21 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm by MahalKita

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

My cousin's daughter is turning 1 next week & she asked me to make Backyardigans cookies. I will be making just over 100 so I am trying to think of something that wont be too time consuming. I would like to make the faces of the characters but I am not the best at faces. I have only seen this show once & my kids are not into it so I have no idea what it is really about. If any one has kids who watches it & give me some ideas of what the 1 year old would recognize from the show I would really appreciate it.

Hope that made sense. icon_redface.gif

Thanks in advance icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 6

These are cupcake ideas from the Nick Jr. website, but they could easily be turned into cookies....

http://www.nickjr.com/food/cake_finder/character_cupcakes/index.jhtml

Sorry it has other characters too in it, but all the Backyardigans are there as well!

thecookiemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookiemoms Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #3 of 6

Oh thanks. I am going to have to sample some out & see how much time it would take to make.

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 3:00am
post #4 of 6

You could go to your nearest Walmart and ask if they can do the edible print for you? What you can try to do is to find any Barnyard friends clip from the website and print it out. Take these to Walmart and have them to do that for you.

Once you get the "frosted" sheet, you can place it on the cookie (needs to be iced first) and presto! It's quick and easy as well as time saver.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 8:33am
post #5 of 6

I don' t believe walmart will do copyrighted characters. At least they aren't supposed too.

I feel for you doing 100 cookies! How did it go?

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

Yeah I don't think Walmart would do that, I have been meaning to look into getting a edible image printer. Things like this would be a lot easier. Thanks for the idea though.

I am going to scratch the whole Backyardigans theme all together. There is just no way I will be able to do 100 cookies with that much dertail. Well I could but I don't want to. icon_redface.gif

I am going to do a #1 white with polka dots to match the party decorations. I will post a pic when I am done.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%