I Want To Cry...the Bride Hated Her Gown Cake!

Decorating By ellepal Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 7:18pm by springlakecake

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:12am
post #61 of 106

OMG! Your cake is GORGEOUS! I paid about that for my dinky little, not superspecial cake....HELLO!!!!!! You o nly charged her $300???? What are YOU smoking?!?!

Hon, you need to up your prices. She should have paid at least double that. Don't forget that brides also have that "letdown" after their wedding. I know I did.
Do you know anyone at the wedding? Could you ask them to say something to her? icon_evil.gif

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:32am
post #62 of 106

Hello

Your cake is so bueatful (sp?) i would have looked to have that cake at my wedding. One thing Iseen ppl say they don't lik this and thaaat to try and get money back from it. Don't you even give in to it.

Cause if she gave you a color pic of it or let you see it then you could have know that it was different and all.

I really think you did a great job. and like the one person said most of the ppl don't get to see the cake next to you it is usally cut up before they ever ge to see it.

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:46am
post #63 of 106

Maybe what she really wanted was an exact replica of her gown with a giant Barbie stuck in it, ha ha.

Seriously, I don't see how someone could NOT be happy with that beautiful cake.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:01am
post #64 of 106

ellepal....
Everything I have ever seen you post on here has been just outstanding, including this wedding cake. This girl is being rediculous. The cake is absolutley gorgeous. Disregard the negative stuff...soak in all these good and positive words from all of us....cuz you know we know what we're talkin' 'bout!!!
xoxoxo

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:14am
post #65 of 106

Your cake is amazing! icon_eek.gif I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in something so beautiful! I don't think she is trying to get money back because that is just absurd considering the price she paid was well below what she should have been charged. It may be that "let down after the wedding thing" that someone mentioned earlier. In that case, once she comes to her senses and sees the pictures of her cake I'm sure she'll feel differently. I know that it's easier said than done, but don't stress about it. You did an excellent job! Just because people didn't rave about the cake to her doesn't mean that people didn't think the cake was wonderful! I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with orders from people who attended the reception. thumbs_up.gif

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:18am
post #66 of 106

Things like this hurt so bad...it can really shake us up..that's where we all can support one another. I think we all agree, this cake is wonderful...I'm so sorry this happened to you. If the truth were known, she was probably critical of everyone she hired.

When I do a wedding cake I always tell the bride to enjoy her day and "go with the flow". I continue to say that the guests look to the bride for her reaction to anything that might happen...just laugh/smile at everything. I say this so they focus on the celebration of the union and DON'T find fault with those she has hired to help her. I try to (in a kind way) to make her "lighten up".

I am very impressed with your work and I'm sure you impressed her guests. Take a couple of tums for your stomach...know in your heart you do wonderful work and be proud.

thumbs_up.gif

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:25am
post #67 of 106

Please don't beat yourself up. I WISH I had your talent! That is a gorgeous cake! This person has issues....there are some people in this world you just won't be able to please no matter what....you have just met one!
Keep your head up high, you do beautiful work! Carry on.....
And, DON'T lower your prices....that was a great price for that cake!
Sweetcakes23

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:54am
post #68 of 106

OMGoodness Ellen, i am so sad to hear this. You did an outstanding job on the cake, no wonder you loved it, it's gorgeous!!!
I agree with Kitagirl, this cake is certainly worth $5-$6 a slice. So much work.
I hope you're able to recover, and that someone tells her what a beautiful cake it was.
Do you think she may be after a part refund? I just don't understand.
Nati

sweetpea333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea333 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 11:44am
post #69 of 106

I think that lady needs my glasses...there is absolutely nothing wrong with your cake.Its fantastic!

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 12:00pm
post #70 of 106

You have no reason to feel bad. You did an amazing job on that cake.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 12:31pm
post #71 of 106

Beautiful cake, your best ever!

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:27pm
post #72 of 106

Anyway, I am getting over this regrettable incident. I feel more annoyed by it now than anything, because the more I look at the cake, the more I know I did it justice and the bride's reaction was not even remotely justified. I did on every occasion speaking to her, ask her to bring me a quality photo of the gown, and she did not do that. Yet she wants to sulk over her cake....it leads me to the conclusion that people will always find fault.
I just think it is part of the business...no matter if you lined the cake with 10 carat diamonds and 24 carat gold, she would have found some little imperfection. There is no pleasing everyone! But I appreciate everyone's moral support......I know there are worse things out there to be upset over, but I am grateful you all are so wonderfully supportive of your fellow cake central members! YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I'm lucky to be surrounded by so much talent!!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:38pm
post #73 of 106

One Word----Bridezilla!!!! That girl is nuts!!! As we all eventually learn, there is not pleasing some people. They will find something wrong no matter what.

I saw your cake yesterday and was blown away. It is gorgeous and you have every right to be extremely proud. Your work is amazing. Keep your chin up, this bride's ridiculous comments do not reflect the quality of your workmanship!!!

Cindy

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:46pm
post #74 of 106

Let's just say that I wish the wedding cake I just did looked that good! And my bride LOVED hers! Of course she'd had about 6 beers by then! icon_smile.gif It's beautiful and we all can see that! Great job and just remember that when she comes to her senses and orders another cake from you in the future that your prices have gone up!!! icon_biggrin.gif

gottacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottacake Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:55pm
post #75 of 106

When things calm down for her next week, she'll be calling to apologize. Really! Let us know how the phone call goes! The gown cake is supercalafragelicious expialidocious !!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:56pm
post #76 of 106

I remember looking when you posted this cake and thinking how lovely it was and what a great job you did and how happy the bride would be!
Don't let this affect what you think about your work...it is great and you did a fine job.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 3:58pm
post #77 of 106

Coming in late...but the cake is GORGEOUS!

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:03pm
post #78 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepal

She is a local celebrity

As soon as you said that, it made sense to me...maybe her ego got in the way. My guess would be that she might be difficult to please...cuz' there ain't nothin' wrong with that cake, honey! Gorgeous!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Chalk this one up to Bridezilla.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm
post #79 of 106

What more could she have possibly have wanted?

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:17pm
post #80 of 106

Your cake is absolutely a work of art. You hire a seamstress to make your dress and a baker to bake your cake. Bride needs to grow up. I personally would never have wanted someone to tell me that I looked like my cake. icon_eek.gif

You did a great job and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:28pm
post #81 of 106

Elle~ It's gorgeous. Her "celebrity" status has apparently gone to her head. Know that you did a wonderful job and get on with life. Some days.....the customer "is not aways right". Hang in there!!!!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:35pm
post #82 of 106

absolutely perfect cake....oh if only i had a quarter of your talent....sigh.....

keep your chin up and concentrate on the upcoming birth of your baby....if this is your first...prepare yourself to fall in love as you never have before....and prepare yourself for spending big bucks getting about a gazillion pictures developed!...

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 4:54pm
post #83 of 106

Ellen, chalk her comments up to the 'Diva', 'Bridezilla', 'Quasi-Celeb', syndrome. I'm thinking she may have BIG mouthed to 'Important' people, that her cake was a replica of her gown. Then when your fantastic creation didn't look exactly like it, she was left looking foolish. If this were the case then blaming the people you view from the top of your nose is an easy cop-out. It is truly a problem that rest squarely on the shoulders of the one who caused it to be a problem, her. Take care of yourself and your 'little muffin'. icon_biggrin.gif

Gloria I

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:07pm
post #84 of 106

OK, firstly, if I paid someone $3 a slice for a cake and they turned up with your masterpiece, I would be totally floored by it! That cake is worth so much more,! She needs to get a grip icon_mad.gif . Ellen, you know, as well as everyone else here that that cake was STUNNING, pure & simple. Now take a breath and let the mad woman go and find something else to complain about to someone else!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 5:09pm
post #85 of 106

that cake is a work of art! That is one of the prettiest cakes that I've ever seen. It looks like a gown to me! chin up, it looks like bridezilla has struck again!!
Don't let the turkeys get you down.
Leslie

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 7:31pm
post #86 of 106

your cake is wonderful. i am sorry that the bride didnt think so...its always nice when a bride loves her cake. you will move on from it though. do not get discouraged either.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 7:36pm
post #87 of 106

I think that cake is stunning icon_surprised.gif I cannot believe she was disappointed.... it is baffling.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 9:42pm
post #88 of 106

The cake is drop dead beautiful, and looks like a good rendition of the drawing you were provided. I agree with others, a swatch of the fabric or the dress, its self, should have been shown to you if she was so set on an exact rendition (and it may not have been possible). Congratulations on a beautiful cake!

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 9:57pm
post #89 of 106

Such a beautiful work of art - as all of your cakes are. I would be thrilled to be 1/4 as good as you are. The problem is all hers. Try not to waste your time worrying about it. Absolutely beautiful!!

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 3:54am
post #90 of 106

I think that your cake is gorgeous! With a cake that beautiful she should be grateful that everyone was not oohing and aahing over the cake instead of her sorry self. And if she works for the local news station, you mean that there was noone in the video department that she could have had take some pictures or video of her dress to give to you so that it would be exactly like what "Miss All That" wanted?

This just in... Local news anchor is nuts!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%