Paddle Attachment For 1940's Stand Mixer?

Decorating By cara75 Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 12:41pm by lapazlady

cara75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara75 Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 7

I have my grandmother's very old Sunbeam standmixer. The only attachments I have for it are the 2 beaters. A lot of the icing recipies call for slowly beating the icing with the paddle attachment. Does anyone know if there's a universal paddle attachment that I can purchase or what else I can do to replicate beating with the paddle attachment?

Thanks!
Cara

6 replies
bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 7

Try the wonderful world of ebay!

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 7

e-bay is a good place to start. And, maybe send an e-mail to the Sunbeam Corp. to ask them about replacement parts.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 7

Cakes and icings existed long before electric mixers existed, and long before special paddles and whisk attachments were sold with electric mixers.

Use the beaters that came with your mixer.

ttatummm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttatummm Posted 4 Sep 2006 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 7

I don't think you can get a paddle for the type of mixer you have. Mixers with paddles are planetary motion type systems. There is one post that spins as the mixing assembly moves around the bowl. Like the earth spins as it goes around the sun.

Beater type mixers are completly different.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

My mother has what is probably the same mixer. Sorry, but there is no way you can get a paddle attachment for that kind of mixer. Christmas is coming - ask for a new one! LOL!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 5 Sep 2006 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 7

The old Sunbeam mixer lasts forever. I'm sorry I gave my Mother's away. You can use it on low to do almost anything...until x-mas, when Santa may bring a new-fangled one. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%