I've Never Seen Cakes Like This Before...

Decorating By Lisa Updated 27 Jun 2007 , 8:20pm by snowshoe1

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 6:48am
post #1 of 23

I came across this site and had to share it. These cakes are animated/motorized! Elmo playing the piano is my favorite. I'm waiting for the movie to load but it's taking forever!

http://www.willyliliana.com/Cakes/Cakes.htm

22 replies
nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 7:04am
post #2 of 23

oh my god, this man is nuts ha ha. I have enough trouble decorating cakes without making things move. Oh the patience some people have.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 8:32am
post #3 of 23

Boy, when these people make cakes they really make cakes. The cakes themselves weren't so perfect, but the set up and backgrounds and all are something else! I can't imagine trying to make moving cake! Janice

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:29am
post #4 of 23

thats somthing else thanks for sharing

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 10:43am
post #5 of 23

I like there ideas and will probably incorporate some animatronics in future cakes. Mechanically they're not that hard. But the prep time is greatly increased.

Joe

veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 10:52am
post #6 of 23

Definitely must be a guy thing, I wouldn't know where to begin to create animatronics, but it does look like fun! Janice

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 11:59am
post #7 of 23

I finally did get the 500K movie of Elmo to load and the Little Mermaid one...what a riot! I think the LM one moves too much...you'd have motion sickness before you ever got around to eating it. The Elmo one though is really great...I love that cake!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 12:02pm
post #8 of 23

Amazing but I think I'll just stick with the cakes that just look good, if I have to make them do something my cake decorating days will be over! icon_lol.gif

Joe, can't wait to see a cake from you that moves.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 23

Neat idea I guess...Although the cake decorating wasn't very good the moving parts would amuse some people. I think I will just stick to the normal way of decorating...Seems like alot of work for a kids party...I didn't read far enogh along...Are they selling these cakes that move?? I'm not so sure I would pay for that!!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 3:04pm
post #10 of 23

I think I will stick w/ normal cake decorating. It was interested but a little over the top for my taste. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 23

My computer is so slow I gave up on seeing the cakes in action! Somehow it seems like it could be frustrating to want to eat the cake, but have to catch it first! LOL Probably does entertain the little kids though!

I got the impression these are cakes they are making for their family and friends, no mention of selling them...talk about a pricing matrix!

Nope, I don't think this is going to catch on, at least not with real cake decorators! Janice

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 7:39pm
post #12 of 23

Lisa, you find the coolest links! Thanks for posting the new and unusual for all of us to ponder! icon_smile.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 7:54pm
post #13 of 23

I love those!..LOL. I would NEVER begin to be able to do it but would like to. I am mechanically retarded, hehe icon_lol.gif

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:29pm
post #14 of 23

In my honest opnion, I think it is cute, but it's not my style. I am more for the Elegant look.. although kids would love it. and that's just me.
Thank you very much for sharing.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:44pm
post #15 of 23

IMHO I think you can have more than one "style".....I do some very elegant things but some others still appeal to my sense of fun! I would love to see a kids face when they encountered one of these cakes! I also know some wedding couples who aren't traditional who would love some rocking and rolling on their cakes...LOL....but then thats just my view ..which I have a saying about....opinions are like belly buttons everyone has one ...but they are always worth a crap for anything! HEHE icon_lol.gif

She Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
She Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 1:22am
post #16 of 23

Impressive!!! I think you gals were a little harsh, those are some awesome decorated cakes. thumbs_up.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 8:56pm
post #17 of 23

Okay!!! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

This is where I draw the line!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I can barely manage the cakes I do now... One time someone asked me if I made ice cream cakes, and I said, NO!!! I know that if I start doing that, then I would get myself in real trouble....

icon_lol.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 9:08pm
post #18 of 23

I think they're cute and very different .. not a thing wrong with being different icon_biggrin.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 9:40pm
post #19 of 23

The man is a genius and has found his niche in the market, period. I rate them "Wickedly Awesome!"

Debbi

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 12:50am
post #20 of 23

He is very talented. I think that it's adorable. Very unique and fun. thumbs_up.gif

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:11am
post #21 of 23

This is so fun! Sure it's probably not for the most elegant of weddings, but for a kids party, it's a riot!

Nannuu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nannuu Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 6:19pm
post #22 of 23

Cool, I just found this thread. Thanks for the compliments. To answer some questions. Nope, we don't sell cakes, that may be evident by the extreme lack of actual decorating skill. We make 2 cakes a year for our daughters and maybe 1 extra for a friend. These are the only cakes we make all year so we don't get much practice. Actually all of the "decorating" is done the night before. Though if we could make them like Mike's Amazing Cakes and have them move, well I suppose that would be all the better icon_smile.gif. We are not interested in ever selling them either, that would take the fun out of it.

I have a 3 more cakes to add to the website but I probably won't get to it until next month....I'm always a bit slow on that icon_redface.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 8:20pm
post #23 of 23

WOW - this would be a great project to combine the skills in a household!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%