Which Mixer Would You Reccomend????

Decorating By USMC_SGTs_Lady Updated 11 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm by miriel

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

so i'm looking into buying a new stand up mixer....last weekend me and my fiancee made home made egg noodles and well to mix to dough together at first he used MY mixer and well lets just say it couldn't really handle mixing the dough for too long and at one point started smoking....so i think its time for a nex mixer....SO what kind of mixer would you suggest, that i can use for mixing things other then cake batter or frosting and that WON'T give out on me....i looked on ebay yesterday and there was a Wolfgang Puck Mixer that was 700 watts. I thought that might be a good one to get...a wolfgang puck with 700 watts...but i don't know anything about them...so are there any kinds of heavy duty mixers yall can suggest that don't cost an arm and 2 legs.... icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 6

I have a Kitchen Aid Professional something...it's like 6 quarts, heck I don't know for sure...I just know that Kitchen Aid is the best in my opinion... It's got a great big bowl and I can make 24 cups of icing at a time and I use it to make MMF so it's really good...

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 6

I love my Kitchenaid with tilt head. It is a workhorse.

But if I was in the market for a new one, the Viking 7qt will be on top of my list (7qts, 1000 watts, tilt head, with handle in bowl): http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?id=4261GRAY

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 6

WOW icon_eek.gif that Viking 7qt would be perfect, that definitly looks it could handle anything....its got a pretty price tag to go with it, But i guess if you are going to actually get use a lot of use out of it for a long time, then its worth it huh....
still no word about a Wolfgang Puck mixer?????...hmmmm. i looked on ebay again and they have hand mixers by wolfgang puck that are 300-350 watts....

Crystalgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystalgal Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 6

I have a Cooks (JcPenney's brand) its 700 watts. I wanted a KA but I really didn't have the money for one right now. I'm pleased so far with this one. I have had it for about 3 months.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

The Viking comes in different colors too. I'm lusting after the red one but I don't really need another mixer...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%