Does Anyone Else Have A Problem Eating Your Own Cakes????

Decorating By mistiek2006 Updated 3 Sep 2006 , 7:06am by mistiek2006

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 9:07pm
post #31 of 34

For the most part, I don't eat what I make. I much prefer watching everyone else devour it. For awhile there though, I was chowing down on my practice cakes and licking the bowl (after I put the cakes in the oven of course) and I'm paying for it. I haven't done a practice cake in awhile but I know when I make my chocolate chip cookies, I purposely put walnuts in them so I can't eat them. First off, I don't care for nuts anyway and it also helps that I'm allergic to walnuts, pecans and hickory nuts. It's not worth looking like swamp thing to have a taste! Not tomention I don't really care for chocolate anyway so too much is gonna make me tapedshut.gif . Or I'll make something with coconut because while I love the smell it, the taste leaves little to be desired.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 5:08am
post #32 of 34

i am way critical...thats why i dont always eat it. i let friends tell me what they think then i always still say "i dunno!!"

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:15am
post #33 of 34

i have decorated so many cakes that the thought of eating one makes me gag!!! i do always do a taste test if i am trying out a whole new recipe.... it would really suck to send a yucky cake to a customer!!!

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 7:06am
post #34 of 34

Hey guys just got bank on. We're having a family bbq for Labor day and I've been cooking and baking up a storm. Today my DD made her first cobbler today. It came out beuatiful!!!!!! Anyway back to the post, you guys are great. I think that after all the time that I put into baking, I just can't stand the sight of it much less the taste. So after all this hard work, I think that I'll just be eating a big yummy salad tomorrow, no fried green tomatoes, fried squash, mashed potatoes, gravy, bread, ribs, brisket, pie, cake, or anything else. Wait I just have to try that cobbler Catharine made. I can't let her down. Anyone want to come to dinner?????LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%