Worst Cake I've Ever Seen

Lounge By Shaynamills Updated 14 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm by TooCuteRose

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 1:42pm
post #31 of 41

At my SIL's wedding (June 23rd of this year) the cake was also horrible (though I guess not quite as bad) but close......it was from a home baker with 9 years of experience (believe me I asked)....and it looked horrible (all the tiers were uneven)....the borders were horrible, the color was all wrong, they put it out the day before the wedding uncovered in a room where I saw flies......just totally grossed me out. My cousin knows the woman who made the cake and wont rock the boat asking for a refund but she totally deserves one. I really wish I had taken a picture of it, but everytime I looked at it my stomach hurt just thinking oh I think I could have done better..... oh the cake decorator kept bragging to me how she had never taken a class (which works for some people but not her)...I wanted to say honey that is obvious!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:21pm
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerton

oh the cake decorator kept bragging to me how she had never taken a class (which works for some people but not her)...I wanted to say honey that is obvious!

oh dear...what a thing to brag about. I am definitely not ashamed about taking all the classes. To me, that's a sign that I'm willing to put some effort into improving on what I know. Sure, there are some people who can pull it off, especially if they come around here but they'll still probably miss a few valuable things that they could have learned in their class. Those classes would probably have at least helped with getting the tiers even, my goodness!

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:24pm
post #33 of 41

That is so sad! But like others have posted hopefully in 20 years they will look back and laugh at it while they eat their 20th anniversary cake! You look at something like that and think "did nobody even bother to look at it?" and "did they not think they wouldnt have a very mad bride?" I asked my aunt the other day about her wedding cake..after 30 years she says she doesnt even remember it lol, so hopefully this will turn into just a little laughable footnote in the history of their long and happy marriage.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:27pm
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhays

What did they do when the cake decorator went home sick??? Get the janitor to finish the cake???

That's what it looks like! Gross! Please let us know if she gets the refund.

JulieBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBee Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 4:45pm
post #35 of 41

She certainly deserves a full refund; that cake is awful. They should take the picture to the store of the bride crying while she cuts the cake!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 6:30pm
post #36 of 41

what in the h*ll kind of look were they going for with those "flung poo" spots!!!

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 9:10pm
post #37 of 41

[quote="Aliwis000"]I asked my aunt the other day about her wedding cake..after 30 years she says she doesnt even remember it lol quote]

So true, for the last 8 years of marriage I swore that our cake was a square single layer with a spray of orchids... found the wedding photos the other day when unpacking and hello...round, two layers. Somehow I think I would remember this cake!!! And so will the guests. It really is things like this that make the day more memorable! They need to splash out on, or have a really talented cousin make them a really gorgeous 1st anniversary cake.

adamswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamswife Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 2:55pm
post #38 of 41

This bakery deserves that everyone gets to know about this incident. They should have saved their reputation!!!

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:27pm
post #39 of 41

Hopefully she'll be able to laugh at this 50 years from now...but I doubt it! A brides worst nightmare come true. That decorator should be fired! This cake is terrible...

whtrbbt420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whtrbbt420 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmylife

If it's any consolation.....she looked beautiful - even through those tears!

I can't see any pictures of the bride, just the awful cake icon_sad.gif

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm
post #41 of 41

so very sad...if i were her...i would have gone to a local bakery and grabbed a pre-made sheet cake...that cake was awful...
poor thing...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%