Marzipan/fondant Modeling

Decorating By harrisonsmama Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 11:03pm by frosting111

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a baseball stadium wedding cake and the bride wants all of the nostalgic food you can get at a baseball park modeled out of an edible substance.

I studied architecture, so as far as paintin, design and creativity go, I have no problems. When I model ppl they always look like scary clowns. Does anyone know of a good book/website that can help me with this task?

3 replies
frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 4

Here ya go,this is from one of our very on CC members..it is AWESOME

http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! What about hotdogs and hamburgers and popcorn. I sort of have an idea, bu ti learn from visuals.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 4

Hot dogs and hamburgers are really easy to make, you can do those without looking at anything really...I done a hamburger cake a few years ago...don't have all my pictures downloaded on here yet,took most of them with a regular camera and haven't scanned them to my files yet....I did a grill cake also with hot dogs and hamburgers on it. Got the idea from a cake on this site in the fathers day cakes of hot dogs and hamburgers on a grill its really neat. Maybe you can get ideas from it.... But pop corn, I've never made that...I would think making tiny fondant balls and stick em together to look like pop corn, and take the end of a paint brush handle and form indention's and maybe spray a tad of Wiltons yellow canned spray over it just so lightly to give that buttered look after you stack it in a pop corn fashion. What Cha Think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%