Have A Question

Decorating By cakesbgood Updated 10 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm by cakesbgood

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

I have a set of the old wilton piano cake pans, the one where theres a larger one for the bottom, and smaller one that goes on top. So my questions is if I make that cake, 2layers for that one, and put it on top of a half sheet cake, do you think that would feed 75 people? The piano cake itself would only be about a 1 mix pan/cake. I'm thinking it won't be enough! And if not, any ideas on what to use, a whole sheet would be to much. Thanks everyone!
Gale

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 5

well..

if plan on say 15 servings from the piano

that leaves 60 from the sheet

at 2x2 party size

one 12x18 = 54 (a bit shy -- need dieters to come)
or
two 11x15 = 70 (a little over -- allows for the "jethro's to come)

cakesbgood Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 5

LOL, I like that , need dieters to come icon_lol.gif . But your right, I think it'll be a bit shy for that many people to. I really didn't want to go any bigger then the half sheet. Maybe I could do the half and the piano, and just make a small one on the side for extra. I think that's what I'll do, I usually have some batter left anyway! Don't know why I didn't think of that before I posted this icon_redface.gif lol, thanks!
Gale

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 5

kids at the party??

cupcakes!!!!! -- faster serve, a bit less mess

cakesbgood Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 5

Not sure if their will be kids at the party or not, but they didn't request cupcakes icon_sad.gif . It's for a 70th birthday party though. But I've decided I'm just going to go ahead and do a full sheet cake, with the piano cake on top. THAT should cover the servings, I HOPE lol! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%