Feasting On Asphalt

Decorating By southaustingirl Updated 31 Aug 2006 , 8:27pm by sugarnut

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 14

I forgot to post this earlier. Did any one watch this on the FOod Network? Alton Brown rides his motorcycle (along with his crew) across the US.....in search of true road food.

Hubby and me really liked it. We can relate! We ride to eat and eat to ride.

Alot of people on my hubby's motorcycle forum really got into the series. Most of them had never even heard of the Food Netowrk or Alton Brown. So, looks like the Food Network has some new fans.

13 replies
Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 14

I've caught a couple of them and saw him fall. Very sad, but he has the best personality. I couldn't believe he ate that pickled pig's foot! It was so HUGE and a weird bright red. GROSS!!!! Food Network seems to know how to draw everyone in and get 'em hooked. It's like TV crack!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 14

Does that mean I need to go to rehab?

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 14

I've watched a few of the episodes. I am an Alton Brown fan as I like his 'technical' explanations of how things work in the kitchen. This new show is pretty good...although I like his 'Good Eats' show better.

Speaking of motorcyles, did you see the episode the other day where he wipes out on his nice BMW trying to drive through some dirt/gravel. I felt bad for the guy. I would've been embarassed to have that on film. icon_redface.gifouch.gif Still makes me miss my motorcyle ridin' days.

Denise

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 2:36am
post #5 of 14

I like him too! Did he break anything when he fell? I missed the end of that show. I saw he went to the hospital!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:12am
post #6 of 14

<====== really digs Alton! Does anybody read Guideposts? He's on the cover this month!

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:45am
post #7 of 14

Yes I read the Guidepost.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:52am
post #8 of 14

He broke his collar bone but kept on going (just had to ride in the van)

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:59am
post #9 of 14

Wow, he's on the cover of Guideposts? I've got to go to Davis Kidd and get me a copy. Is he a Christian?

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:14am
post #10 of 14

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alton Brown!!!! Good Eats and Feasting on Asphalt are two of my favorite shows. That man knows everything. I was so excited when he met up with the cop in Hawthorne, Ca (that's in my neck of the woods) I wish I could've met him though =(

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 11:05am
post #11 of 14

I LOVE Alton and so does dh!!! Both his shows rock, I do like Good Eats better but I just love his brain so I don't care which show he is on lol. DH bought me one of his books recently icon_smile.gif

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 14

I really hope that Food Network continues this show.

Hubby belongs to some motorcycle groups and they are always taking trips to food places.........so we are always looking for cool places to eat!!!

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:08pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alton Brown!!!! Good Eats and Feasting on Asphalt are two of my favorite shows. That man knows everything. I was so excited when he met up with the cop in Hawthorne, Ca (that's in my neck of the woods) I wish I could've met him though =(

I've met him- he is a super nice guy... you should look into when he does his book tours and signings.

sugarnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarnut Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 8:27pm
post #14 of 14

I love Alton too, and so does my husband. HE doesn't always watch the things I do, but he loves the Food Network challenges, Ham on the Street, Iron Chef America, and expecially Alton. We've been tivoing all the Asphalt shows, but I haven't gotten to watch the CA one yet. He's just so much fun to watch. Food Network is like tv crack, and I'm COMPLETELY addicted!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%