Ideas Pleaseeeeeee

Decorating By PRcakes Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 8:03pm by PRcakes

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 8

Ok in August is my 21st b~day and probably our "goodbye" party ( we might be moving out of this town), so my husband is planing this b~day party for me...Well is going to be a party for about 50 people, Im planning on a cake for 70. I was thinking a 3-tier cake, I was thinking 6,9,12 dont know how many people that feed but thats just a thinking!!!
Well anyways i need ideas please, thats going to be my 1st tiered cake and I need to make it absolutely GREAT!! just to slap on the face to all that "friends" that didnt support my decision about making cakes!!!! Im thinking about white fondant with red, yellow & orange hibiscus, green leaves and as a cake topper a big gumpaste 21 and some wired hibiscus. What you think?? any ideas?? on how to get a wonderful cake !!!!

7 replies
shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 8

I think that sounds gorgeous! I love hibiscus - one of the gumpaste flowers on the top of my list to "learn to make" icon_smile.gif

I think the cake could be just stunning with flowers only but if you wanted to go way tropical you could do the whole waterfall down the cake with rocks and green on the side. I've been dying to make a waterfall cake icon_smile.gif

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 8

Where are you moving to? You could base your cake on that!

PRcakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 8

the waterfall sound awesome but i think its kind of way out of my league!!!
and Im moving to a city here in texas so its not a big deal move!!its about 3 hrs from where I live right now!!

Do you think the wiring is going to look good??? Im not sure! I was thinking about incorporate some bamboo but dont know were or how!

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 8

I've seen bamboo done on the sides of the cakes all around the cake. I believe made out of fondant. Looked SO cool!!

Here's one from the gallery that is so cool

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=69318

And a simpler version:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=533853

PRcakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you for the bamboo pics!! mmm that gave me an idea! dont know if it will work, cause i dont want to look like too busy!!!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 8

Here's a chart from CC that shows the number of serving for different size/shape pans: http://www.cakecentral.com/article14-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---2-in-Deep-Pans.html

A 3 tier cake (6-9-12) serves 12+32+56=100. If that's too much cake for your party, you can always make the middle tier a styrofoam dummy and still have 68 servings of cake from the 6" and 12" tiers.

PRcakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you guys!!!! That chart is kind of nice!!!! wow thats a lot of cake!!!
Well thank u!

You guys r being of a huge help!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%