1St Time Making Ice Cream Cake Help

Baking By ninaross Updated 30 Aug 2006 , 4:02pm by llee815

ninaross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninaross Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 5

o.k ladies i need your help i need to make a ice cream cake for the 1st time. i just read the instructions im not good with instructions so i need your help. ok i get the part where you 1. make the cake and let it cool. 2. softned the ice cream 3. the same pan you used wash it and line it with foil and let the sides hang. 4. freeze the ice cream but for how long? 5. split the cake in half. then i get a lil lost from what i understand is that you get the ice cream out and put it on top of i of the cakes then i guess you put the other on top then do you frezze the cake again then decorate it and can i cover with buttercream frosting? and how long can i leave it out to decor.? how long do i put the cake back in to frezze then take out to decor.? plase need very detailed instructions. thanks for any and all help thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
AmyBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBeth Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 5

That sounds complicated! I use the Wilton Bake and Fill pan for my ice cream cakes. It is VERY easy and works every time! icon_smile.gif

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 5

We dont even decorate our ice cream cakes...course we like it w/o the cake (frozen cake is not my thing)...we do smashed oreo bottom, pour slightly melted fav ice cream over top and then make a yummy fudge sauce to put all over the top (it actually sinks to be on top of the oreos)...all in one 9 X 13 pan.........it is SOOOO GOOD.

ninaross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninaross Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 5

the bake and fill pan i'll have to take a look at that . thanks

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaross

o.k ladies i need your help i need to make a ice cream cake for the 1st time. i just read the instructions im not good with instructions so i need your help. ok i get the part where you 1. make the cake and let it cool. 2. softned the ice cream 3. the same pan you used wash it and line it with foil and let the sides hang. 4. freeze the ice cream but for how long? 5. split the cake in half. then i get a lil lost from what i understand is that you get the ice cream out and put it on top of i of the cakes then i guess you put the other on top then do you frezze the cake again then decorate it and can i cover with buttercream frosting? and how long can i leave it out to decor.? how long do i put the cake back in to frezze then take out to decor.? plase need very detailed instructions. thanks for any and all help thumbs_up.gif

After you put the ice cream into the pan, you're going to want to freeze it 1-2 hours or until it's firm again. It looks like from your directions you would have a bottom layer of cake, a middle layer of ice cream, and a top layer of cake. Once you have the cake assembled, I would put it back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes to let it firm up again. To cover the cake, some people use a whipped topping or softened ice cream and use BC for the decorations. You're going to have to work fast and maybe in increments. Like frost the cake with whatever you decide to use and put it back into the freezer for a little bit. Then finish decorating with the BC or whatever you decide to use. HTH!!

Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%