Need Help With Fondant Bride

Decorating By SuHwa Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 5:15pm by Cakechick123

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making bride and groom figures from a fondant/gum-tex mix for a groom's cake. The groom was easy, but I'm having trouble with the bride. I've done her head and didn't have trouble with her torso or upper part of her dress. I can't seem to figure out how to attach the skirt. I tried making the upper and lower halves of the torso together, covering them with white for a bodice and then adding a skirt. (They will be sitting on the edge of the cake, by the way.) I cut a large circle, slit through to the center and then wrapped it around the bodice. I finally got it to stick to the bodice well, but the weight of the skirt's lower edge made it rip in the middle.

I'd love suggestions, directions, or pictures if any of you guys have any. I have plenty of stuff left to redo the torso, bodice, and skirt. Thanks for your help.

3 replies
Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 4

the way I've made a bride is making one solid piece as the whole body... then u can drape any skirting bit as u like... as it is a solid piece it's really stable... hope this makes sense.

-- Fi

aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4

Hi,

I have a bridal gown in my gallery. I didn't have to make the whole body just the torso and I used a doll torso covered in fondant, but I did attach the skirt all in fondant. I thought that might help. The skirt is one piece and I just pleated it at the waist as I went around. Then I put a strip of fondant over where the pleats meet the waist.

HTH

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 4

The bride I made I used one piece to do the top and bottom, I rolled it a bit thicker and once it was on the body just pulled it away at the bottom and stuck some foam in until dry. the ends at the back didnt meet, so I covered that up with frills, it looked perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%