Other Than Tip 230, What Tip Can I Use To Fill Cupcakes?

Decorating By mohara Updated 23 Jun 2005 , 1:22pm by brennafaye

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 5

What tip do you use to fill cupcakes? I know CaliDawn uses 230, but I don't have one and Michael's doesn't carry it. I would hate to have to place an online order just for one tip. Are there any other tips that work well?

If not, I will just be "forced" to go to Sugarcraft's online store and probably buy a lot of items I don't really need....no will power on that site! haha

Thanks again!

4 replies
pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 5

Mohara, I looked at tip 230 and its a long round tip, I don't know why you couldn't use any of the other round tips you just wouldn't be able to go as deep into the cupcake as you would with 230. its worth a try before you go and spend too much at sugarcraft.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 5:44am
post #3 of 5

I can't get that long tip either so I just use a #5 and gently push in as far as I can to put the filling in, I also do it in 3-4 spots to help fill it up.

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks!
I actually broke down and bought it off the Wilton site. I'm a dummy though...I should have used Sugarcraft because they ship a lot quicker. Its annoying because at Wilton, you are paying for ground shipping and yet they don't ship for 10-14 days. At that rate I could walk there from NY and get it quicker. Sugarcraft ships right away and I normally have it within 3-4 days.

If I don't get them in time, I will try tip 5. About how far in do you go? So that the tip is in the middle of the cupcake?

brennafaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brennafaye Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 5

i know it is not the regular metal tip like wilton but I got a cheap plastic decorating kit many years ago before i got into decorating that had a plastice long thin tip that I have used to put pudding in cup cakes. I purchased it at the local grocery store. Just an Idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%