What Should I Expect?

Decorating By hhastings Updated 30 Aug 2006 , 3:29pm by Cakers84

hhastings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhastings Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all! I come on the site daily, but rarely post! I was wondering what to expect in my Course 3 that starts next week. I know that we cover fondant, more flowers, and tiered cakes. But will this be like Course 2 in that we will only end up decorating 1 cake or will we be doing more? Will we be doing flowers in advance and saving like Course 2 as well?

4 replies
denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 5

Hi hhastings!! ...I've never been able to take the courses icon_cry.gif The curse of living in a small town!! icon_lol.gif

This will give you a bump so someone will be able to help.

~Denise

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 12:19am
post #3 of 5

Lesson 1 - No cake, Buttercream on practice board...
You will learn how to do cornelli lace, sotas, bead border, string work, ruffles, and ruffle garland. You will also start the fondant roses. (I teach the whole rose in this lesson.)

Lesson 2 - Cake needed - Fondant...
You will learn how to cover a cake with fondant as well as doing fondant accents, fondant cutouts and fondant bow. You will learn the rest of the rose this night as well.

Lesson 3 - No cake, Royal icing flowers...
You will learn how to make an Easter Lilly, Poinsetta, Petunia and Morning glory. This are made in royal icing and done in the Lily nail, white plunger looking flower nails.

Lesson 4 - Two Layer cake - 6in and 10in
This lesson will vary depending on your instructor. Instructors that are very by the book will want you to do the tiered cake with the fondant roses that is on the front of the book. My I let my students plan their design suggesting that they use things they learned in the classes. They can do fondant or buttercream. Some will do roses, some will do the royal icing flowers. I do go ahead and have my students do the push in pillar method, though some instructors will let you do stacked cakes as well.

hhastings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhastings Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much!!

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 5

You will enjoy everything you do in this class. DD and I have our last class in Course III tonight and I am both happy and sad. I'm happy because these last classes have been a huge lesson on the diversity of decorating, and sad because it's over. But I'm forcing myself to look on the bright side, I now have the freedom to expierment with all I have learned. Sky's the limit!

Gloria I

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%