Commercial Whipped Icing?

Decorating By galaglow Updated 22 Jun 2005 , 10:10pm by ntertayneme

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I tried posting this question but had a power surge and think it was lost, so if it turns up twice, I apologize. I have several cake orders to do between today and June 30 and am thinking to save time I will buy a 5 gal bucket of commercial whipped icing. Has anyone used commercial before? I think it should be ok for piping since the local grocery uses it for their cakes. Any tips on tinting? Does it take color well? I think it has a lighter texture and taste than buttercream too. I dread the idea of mixing this many batches of buttercream! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 3

This is all I use to flat frost! The joy for me is in the decorating and planning, not making the icing! I buy a 5 gal bucket from the local Gerbes and use it to flat frost all of my cakes, all of my customers love it, its not to sweet, I use if for some borders but for most everything else, complicated borders, lettering and flowers, I get much better results with homemade. The commercial frosting saves me alot of time. It takes color well, the darker reds and blacks may need a little more than the homemade icing. Good Luck!!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 3

There is no one local that sells it here where I live... the only place that I've seen the whipped icing (has to be refrigerated) is Riches, or I believe that's the name of the company. You can do a google for "bettercream" icing .. I believe that is what it's called.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%