Fresh Flowers

Decorating By jguilbeau Updated 29 Aug 2006 , 1:40pm by goal4me

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 4

I have been reading different post, regarding fresh flowers. I am looking at doing a cake with fresh flowers for the first time. How do you attach your fresh flowers to a cake?

3 replies
KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mug Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 4

I've been told you can just stick them in the cake??? I'm a little unsure of this. I think I've seen a list (here on CC) that lists non-poisonous/toxic flowers that are OK to use on cakes. You might want to check it out.

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 4

I've been taught that fresh flowers should not be placed directly into the cake. If they are individually placed, you can put them in a flower spike from Wilton or other company, if need be you can use straws cut to the length needed and plug the end that goes into the cake with some frosting. For larger arrangements you can place an arrangement on a cake seperator. Wilton has some flroal rings that go around/between the layers etc... But flowers that have not been sprayed with insecticides etc. check with the florist.

If you want to put the flowers right on the cake some specialty and grocery stores sell edible pansies etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%