Transformers

Lounge By RkRamirez Updated 12 Jul 2007 , 7:22pm by cookingfor5

RkRamirez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RkRamirez Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:10am
post #1 of 15

Has anyone seen Transformers yet?? If not, you should really go! That movie was great. The best that I have seen in a long time!

14 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:43am
post #2 of 15

I agree!

When I saw the new Die Hard movie last week, I thought it is the best movie this summer. I was wrong!

Transformers beat it hands down icon_smile.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:52am
post #3 of 15

It was better than great! It was EXCELLENT!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif We saw it in digital (only a few theaters in our area have it in digital) and the graphics were incredible! If you have a chance to see it in digital vs. normal film, I highly recommend it! I wish they would show it at the IMAX--that would be awesome too!

I so want to see Live Free Die Hard--have been a "die hard" Die Hard Fan since they very beginning. And who can pass up an opportunity to see Bruce... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 5:55am
post #4 of 15

Transformers was awesome! But,

**Spoiler Alert***

If the glasses were etched with the location of the All Spark in Antarctica, how did Prime know it was in Nevada by using the glasses? Seems like the glasses would have been etched with the old location (Antarctica). I'm sure I missed something somewhere, can't imagine there would be a plot hole this big.

miriel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:06am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adawndria

Transformers was awesome! But,

**Spoiler Alert***

If the glasses were etched with the location of the All Spark in Antarctica, how did Prime know it was in Nevada by using the glasses? Seems like the glasses would have been etched with the old location (Antarctica). I'm sure I missed something somewhere, can't imagine there would be a plot hole this big.

**Spoiler Alert***

I seem to recall someone said that Megatron's spaceship got disoriented by the Earth's magnetic field and mistakenly landed in the North Pole. The cold of the North deactivated him. The glasses did have Nevada etched on it.

miriel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:07am
post #6 of 15

I guess this is an excuse to watch it again thumbs_up.gif

adawndria Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:15am
post #7 of 15

Exactly Miriel! LOL I do remember them mentioning the crash. I think what confuses me the most is that the glasses were etched in the 1910s and the the dam was built around the All Spark in the 30s. Plus, a friend of mine keeps trying to poke holes in the plot, which made sense to me when I watched it!

miriel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 6:23am
post #8 of 15

Hubby says that when the government found the All Spark, they built the Hoover Dam around it so it will cover the energy coming from the cube and no one will know it's there.

Yes. He's a geek - watched Transformers a lot in the 80s too icon_biggrin.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 15

Is it okay for kids? We haven't taken our children but they really want to see it (they watch stuff like Jurassic Park and The Mummy).

I guess I'm not really that into this kind of movie, my 8 year old loves his transformers though. He can't wait until Tuesday, the GM transformer sale is over then and the service manager promised my boys all the posters from it. icon_rolleyes.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:24pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Is it okay for kids? We haven't taken our children but they really want to see it (they watch stuff like Jurassic Park and The Mummy).

I guess I'm not really that into this kind of movie, my 8 year old loves his transformers though. He can't wait until Tuesday, the GM transformer sale is over then and the service manager promised my boys all the posters from it. icon_rolleyes.gif

If they have watched JP--which has bloody stuff--Tranformers is definitely okay. No bloody stuff--you know people are dying, they just don't really show it. There is just lots of action and really cool effects with the robots changing and fighting.

miriel, I agree with you about the crash and the glasses. Funny, I grew up with the transformers too--LOVED them! I was such a tom-boy! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My hubby grew up with them too and rated Transformers as one of his all-time favorites--even above Star Wars! icon_surprised.gif

miriel Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

rated Transformers as one of his all-time favorites--even above Star Wars! icon_surprised.gif

My hubby says this is sacrilege icon_lol.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 11:21pm
post #12 of 15

I look forward to seeing this movie, especially since it has gotten pretty good reviews from you folks and the ones on another forum I frequent. I just have to wait for it to come to our theater. I'm in a very small town and our theater just has one movie each weekend.

adawndria Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 1:41am
post #13 of 15

For kids, there are so make-out scenes and a questionable scene where Bumblebee "lubricates" (goes #1 on) a cop.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:38am
post #14 of 15

Can't wait to see this. DH and I both watched it years ago as kids and were hooked. 20 years later and I still love it.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 7:22pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks for this post. I had to be out of the house monday, while we had our carpet installed, so we went to the movies. Because of this post I chose Transformers and it was great. I hate to admit that I watched this when I was younger, but I had brothers. Transformers and G.I. Joe were always on after school. My hubby has kept all his toys and the kids play with them now.

Anyway, back to the movie. For a transition from a cartoon to a live action movie, it was excellent. I found it great when Optomus Prime's voice was a match from the cartoon show. Like I said, I'm embarrassed to admit this stuff, but it was very good. The kids loved it. Definitely a movie you should see on the big screen. It was like seeing "Charlie's Angels" special effects for the first times and being amazed.

The adult content was not too big of a deal for my kids, ages 3, 6, and 8. The girls is a quite sexy, but nothing bad. The part with the lubricating on the guy, my kids thought it was from his stomach, didn't come across as obvious as I thought it would. The make-out scene was pretty mild I thought.

I also admit that I had no intentions of seeing this movie because how can you turn that cartoon into a movie without being cheesy??? But, thanks to you all, I went. If you were talking about it, it had to be a good idea. Even my 3 year old pinker than pink little girl gives it 2 thumbs up!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%