Airbush Dye

Decorating By leepat Updated 6 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm by bisbqueenb

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 4

Can I use regular cake coloring in an airbrush. I don't have directions for this airbrush that I have.

pat

3 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 4

Some people dilute them before using in their airbrush. I don't for fear of clogging my airbrush so I only use airbrush colors. Americolor airbrush colors are available here on CC: http://shop.cakecentral.com/amerimist-brush-colors-p-1669.html

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

I have used both the 'airbrush colors' and regular quart size food colors and honestly do not find a significant difference EXCEPT in the price! A trick I learned years ago...my airbrush set is well over 25 years old...is to soak the airbrush in a denture tablet cleaning solution overnight occasionally! YES it really works to clean out the airbrush! The only parts to the airbrush that I have replaced in all these years is a needle.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 4

I have used both the 'airbrush colors' and regular quart size food colors and honestly do not find a significant difference EXCEPT in the price! A trick I learned years ago...my airbrush set is well over 25 years old...is to soak the airbrush in a denture tablet cleaning solution overnight occasionally! YES it really works to clean out the airbrush! The only parts to the airbrush that I have replaced in all these years is a needle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%