Is Canned Frosting A Good Idea?

Decorating By SweetAsLemmons Updated 28 Aug 2006 , 3:16am by LittleLinda

SweetAsLemmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAsLemmons Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone ever decorated a multi-tiered cake with canned frosting? I have always been a "strictly scratch" person, but yesterday, I made my DH birthday cake and HAD to buy the chocolate canned frosting. It turned out very good, very smooth and was so easy to work with. I thought "why not?". It even crusted so it was easier to handle today. Was just wondering.

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 6

Yes..I have used canned frosting when I was too lazy to make icing...for family only though...

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 6

i usually make my own frosting but there are those times when i just buy the canned frosting. the canned frosting tastes good too.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 6

i usually make my own, but I do frequently add a can of chocolate frosting into my buttercream for the best tasing chocolate buttercream. people go nuts for it, and I just keep it as my little secret icon_biggrin.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyEdzards

i usually make my own, but I do frequently add a can of chocolate frosting into my buttercream for the best tasing chocolate buttercream. people go nuts for it, and I just keep it as my little secret icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks! You are so nice to share your secret icon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

Canned frosting is fine for frosting cakes; but it is too soft to do the star-fill-in method of decorating. I only used canned frosting for chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%