Brunch Ideas Using Possibly Peanut Butter???

Decorating By Tesslovescake Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 4:49am by bakerj

Tesslovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tesslovescake Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hi... new to the forum... I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of something I can make for a brunch. It is an engangement party. I have been doing the FBCTs a lot lately and really like the way they turn out. But I was thinking for a brunch that a cake with icing is a bit much and I dont know what the hostess is serving. But I want to bring something since I am the cake decorator in the bunch. So I was thinking more of a coffee cake, banana bread, muffins, etc... but I want to decorate it, make it personal and special to the couple. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience using maybe a peanut butter based thing instead of buttercream to decorate maybe even make a transfer. Really any ideas would be great!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

How about making a cheesecake? You could decorate it with pirouette cookies and top it with blueberries/strawberries/etc. Then add a pretty bow like this photo....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-333143.html

Or if you are really wanting to work with peanut butter you could make vanilla cupcakes, filled with jam, and then decorate with peanut butter icing. You could make royal icing heart or something to add to the top to pretty them up.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:23am
post #3 of 5

I once made apple-banana cupcakes for a friend's brunch bridal shower, and topped them with a cream cheese frosting. They were delicious and a little more "brunch" like since they almost tasted more like muffins than cake. Or you could just make sure to use any lighter frosting...maybe a whipped-cream (real or nondairy) style?

That said I've been to lots of brunch bridal showers and a cake with icing is never really "too much" anyway -- everyone loves cake no matter what time of day. I for one LOVE cake for breakfast icon_smile.gif.

I also like the cupcake w/jam idea, yum!

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:45am
post #4 of 5

How about some cake balls? They always go over well. YOu could make some chocolate cake and bind it together with peanut butter buttercream. I know I would eat those!

bakerj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerj Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:49am
post #5 of 5

perhaps the yankey thing...sticky buns with pb icing and decorate litely in pb mouse type icing..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%