Help! Should I Redo Cake!

Decorating By bubbiesbougie Updated 27 Aug 2006 , 3:47am by mommymarilyn

bubbiesbougie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbiesbougie Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 12

Hello, This is only the second Buttervream Transfer I've done. I think this looks like CRAP! but my husband says it looks fine. I have 5 hours till party should I re do this. Take all icing off and start fresh? PLEASE be honest.

How do I make the picture smaller so I can attach it?

It the White, Blue and Red Border Power Ranger Cake (Happy Birthday)

11 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 12

I think it look fine but if you aren't going to be happy with it redo it.
I notice every flaw in my cakes too so maybe your husband is the best judge.

bubbiesbougie Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 12

Ok thats 2 against 1, Ill leave it. I had so much trouble with this cake. The first cake did not rise. The second one did. I orginally was going to put whipped frosting on it but it kept melting off. (yes I let the cake cool for over 2 hours) Can humidity affect icing? So after that I but the BC on it and the BCT broke in half. I can;t wait to get rid of this cake.

Sumer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sumer Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 12

I think your cake looks fine, but if you are like me, you might not be happy with something you think you can improve upon. I won't deliver a cake that I would find something wrong with myself, so I use my own standards to judge. I think that's what makes us good cake decorators, we do what would please US and use that as our standard. icon_smile.gif

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 12

I would not redo it!! It looks fine!! I think it looks very detailed and probably took a lot of time. I say leave it alone! We are always our own worst critics!! I can pick my cakes apart till the sun goes down!! It is stuff that no one sees except me!!
I think your cake looks great! I am sure the receipient will love it!!

~Luraleigh~

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 12

I can't see the crack...
You will know what you feel is right.

If you deliver it and they say, what happened with this crack in the icing; I would apologize and say you want to make it right and offer the cake at a discount or a discount on the next order.

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:16pm
post #7 of 12

I think it looks fine! And remember, it's for a 4 year old. We, of course, are concerned with how well WE think it looks and how the purchaser of the cake will like it. I think it looks good, though. Suzanne

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 12

I think the power ranger looks great!! Dont' redo ...remember we are our own worst critics...

Keep on baking....

Cindy

mabailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabailey Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 12

Brought a 6 yr. old and his mom in to see it and they both said, at the same time, "COOL!" I also think it looks great. BUT, if your not happy you are always going to wish you had changed it...by no means take that as a vote to change it. I think it is fine. >^.,.^<

bubbiesbougie Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:19pm
post #10 of 12

OK THANK YOU ALL! I feel so much better. I am for sure going to leave it alone. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

imbkay13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imbkay13 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm
post #11 of 12

Well when I clicked on your photo, my 4 yr old daughter said "AWESOME", I would leave it also.

mommymarilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommymarilyn Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 3:47am
post #12 of 12

I think it looks great too! I'm sure the customers will be excited when they see it as well! Sometimes, I think my cakes look so bad, but after I clean and put everything away and don't look at the cake for a while, it looks good when I go back and look at it as an overall creation, instead of just "borders" or "writing" or 1 single thing. Keep us posted and let us know how the customer reacts! I'm sure the cake will be a big hit!

Marilyn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%