Cream Filling

Baking By deedeedavis Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 2:46pm by knoxcop1

deedeedavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedeedavis Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a good recipe for a cream filling. I have a custmer who wants a cream filling in her cake. I never done fillings and do not have a recipe. I would be so greatful if anyone could share one with me. Thanks

3 replies
puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 4

I've tried a couple of them. I've tried the Twinkie type filling recipes, but I never really liked the way they tasted and they tasted no where near like the Twinkie filling. But I found one that I tried that I thought tasted pretty good. Here's the recipe:

Use a Bismarck tube #230 to insert filling, just push in & pump it up, if you put too much in it will "explode", when this happens, eat your mistake & keep going. This recipe is similar to that found in Twinkie's & Ding Dong's.

2 1/2 tb water
1/4 cup Crisco
1 teas clear vanilla
1/4 teas salt
1/2 lb confectioner's sugar

Beat together on high speed 10 minutes. Good luck

One suggestion that I have is that you add a little extra water to it because it was still quite thick when I made it. By thinning it out, it makes it easier to spread on your cake layer.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 4

deedee,
I've made the Giant Ding Dong cake filling twice now and both times have received rave reviews. Personally I don't think it tastes just like ding dong filling, but its very yummy and easy to make. You can find the recipe on this site as part of the recipe for Giant Ding Dong Cake.

Good luck!
Cindy

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 4

I've used the bavarian creme recipe from this site and it turned out really well.

Just be sure to fold in your whipped cream BEFORE the gelatin mixture firms up--otherwise you'll get what I did the first time--gelatin balls in your bavarian! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.giftapedshut.gif

LOL,
--Knox--

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%