Need Ideas

Decorating By pejmo3 Updated 22 Jun 2005 , 4:46pm by PinkPanther

pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hi ladies, I have a question for you all. I am catering a wedding in September and the bride wants finger foods at the wedding and this is my first catered event. I don't have to serve thefood just set it up and I need some ideas or a menu for the food. Can you ladies help me please? icon_sad.gif any ideas would be great.

5 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Pejmo,
Are you looking for 'hot' foods or cold, or a mixture? IMHO, no finger food buffet is complete without BBQ meatballs, cut fresh fruit, and some yummy hawaiian bread w/spinach dip. If you are looking for something a little classier, how about some nice little finger sandwiches, maybe using a flower or wedding bell cookie cutter to make them more festive. Shrimp & cocktail sauce is always nice, if it works with the budget you have. Mini eggrolls? Fruit kabobs, stuffed mushroom caps, stuffed cherry tomatoes, buffalo wings, chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, flautas, (I'm making myself hungry- I haven't had breakfast yet! LOL)

I have a really awesome set of books that I always refer to when I need 'party' food and I want to impress someone. It's called "The Spirit of Christmas Cookbook" (I have volumes 1-3, and I think the first one is the best) ISBN # 0-942237-79-X. It has a nice mix of savory and sweet recipes, and a section that gives whole meal menus for a big sit-down dinner.

Hope that helps! I need to go find some breakfast now! icon_biggrin.gif
Happy Baking,
Beth

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 1:13am
post #3 of 6

One of my most requested finger foods is bacon wrapped smokey joes. You cut your slice of bacon into 1/3's, wrap a peice of the bacon around the smokey joe and place a toothpick in the sm to hold the bacon on. Place the bacon wrapped sm in the bottom of a pan and keep rolling until you have as many as you need or your pan is filled. Now, cruble brown sugar on top of the bacon wrapped sj's and bake at 350 degrees until the bacon is crsipy. Place on paper towels before you place on your serving dish. Guaranteed, you will run out of these precious little gems quickly!
You may also consider serving those tortilla roll ups (Hye Rollers).... cover the tortilla with cream cheese, place your meet and cheese, along with the lettuce and tomatoes and roll. Cut into slices and you're good to go. A side note is this.... you can mix some cranberry sauce with your cream cheese for a really nice flavor.

Debbi

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 1:26am
post #4 of 6

As far as fresh fruit goes, at my brothers wedding the maid of honor had made fruit trees. A styrofoam tree form covered in melon balls, grapes, cantalope balls, kiwi, well you get the idea..stuck on the fancy plastic toothpics. 3 pieces to a toothpick at the bottom, 2 in the middle and 1 around the top the keep the tree shape. They were very pretty, got lots of comments and took up little space on the tables because of the vertical setup.
Or do you have the Wilton 2006 yearbook yet??? My mind is just crazy with the things you could do with it besides cupcakes.
There are even some receipes for finger foods in it.

pejmo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pejmo3 Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 10:59am
post #5 of 6

all of ideas are great thank you so much, I had no idea where to begin but you ladies gave me some thank you sooooo much. Ya'll are great

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 6

Speaking of fruit trees, I just saw Paula Deen do one with chocolate covered strawberries. Always a crowd-pleaser and elegant for a wedding! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%