Fondant Apple Blossoms Need Help

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 3:26am by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:20am
post #1 of 4

Hi as you all probably now I am trying to copy a cake I found on this site but the apple blossoms keep losing their shape even on the flower setter they are turning flat I want them in some kinda of curve to them here is what I did so far if I pushed them together they would keep a bit of the shape I want I did use my tool in the middle as well as the petals but if I leave them out overnight will the keep this form? icon_confused.gif Sorry don't know why it's so small!!!!
LL
LL

3 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:33am
post #2 of 4

I bet they'll be OK. I just had the same exact problem with a gumpaste water lily today--the flower forms were just too wide for it to stay curved.

The only thing I could think of to do was to drape the different pieces upside down over my tiniest measuring spoons...but there aren't that many of those! icon_smile.gif

Do you have anything "little" around the house that you could drape them over, like a tiny little dome? Marbles? lol That'd be my only idea...

lrstone98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrstone98 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:35am
post #3 of 4

Inside the cups of an egg carton?

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:26am
post #4 of 4

Egg cartons!!! never thought of that well they seems to be holding together as they are now I guess I will have to keep them like these until I stick em on the cake I still gotta add the pearls too may be that will help thanks a bunch

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%