You Know How I Said I Wanted A Name To Jump Out At Me?

Business By berryblondeboys Updated 8 Jul 2007 , 4:06am by BrandisBaked

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 12:19am
post #31 of 40

icon_redface.gif awe I am very sorry if my comments made you feel beaten down...that's not good.
Truly until DH said the massage parlor thing to me I was leaning towards Tickle Your Fancy. I am not one to talk about risque names as my shop's name could very easly be considered borderline as well.
I feel just aweful about my role in your feelings towards your name choices...I'm so sorry icon_sad.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:30am
post #32 of 40

Oh goodness, don't feel bad... I had talked about that name before and other people mentioned too that anything with tickle reminds them of naughty cakes... And if it came to several people on their own, it will with other people too.

DH will be happy with Sweet Melissa's anyway! icon_wink.gif

Melissa

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 2:50am
post #33 of 40

I want to know why all the HUSBANDS know what is out there as far as the dirty stuff goes!!! icon_surprised.gif

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:00am
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcindy

I want to know why all the HUSBANDS know what is out there as far as the dirty stuff goes!!! icon_surprised.gif

yea why is that? icon_confused.gif
I do really like Sweet Melissa's ...I mean how cool is it that you have a song with your business name in it, gotta love free advertising thumbs_up.gif

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:17am
post #35 of 40

I was thinking the same thing. Sweet Melissa is also a song that brings nostalgic feelings.

I like that name.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #36 of 40

Now leave it to me to get all irreverant...but if you want to combine the names...hows about "Tickling Melissa's Sweet Fancy"...muahahaha..... Now I must run away......................lol. J/K...figured you needed a laugh...my vote is for Sweet Melissa's.

KayDay Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:24am
post #37 of 40

Sorry ...couldn't resist! icon_lol.gif

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:34am
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

hows about "Tickling Melissa's Sweet Fancy.

What would your husband think icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KayDay Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 3:36am
post #39 of 40

Nostalgically tickling melissa's sweet fancy?????....lmaooooooooo...OK...OK..Ill quit! icon_twisted.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 4:06am
post #40 of 40

Why not have Organic in your name if that is your desired niche?

Totally Organic Cakes
Naturally Organic Cakes
Naturally Sweet

Something like that...

You really should consider what YOUR long term goals are. Do you want people to know YOU or your cakes? For me, I have the desire to "get big" - so I "branded" myself. If your desire is simply to promote a natural product, I would put something in the name that projects that. The only other thing I can recommend that is that you make sure you're comfortable saying it when answering the phone (no tongue twisters). And if it's a name you like, GO WITH IT. Don't listen to what others think - it's YOUR business and you need to let it project who YOU are. You wouldn't let anyone else tell you how to run your business, would you?

Good luck. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%