What Do You Fill Your Cupcakes With?

Decorating By mohara Updated 23 Jun 2005 , 9:16pm by msmeg

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 2:46am
post #1 of 9

I know some people fill their cupcakes. What type of filling do you like to use? Is it just frosting?

Thanks!

8 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 2:49am
post #2 of 9

What would you like to fill them with? Sme use the icing, but you can use cake fillings as well.

Debbi

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 9

the "not really twinkie filling" filling works great... choc mousse does too..... and then I have shot pie fillings inside....strawberry filling, lemon and such.... just got creative.......

lilsacredmoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsacredmoon Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 9

This is my first post although I have been reading the forums for a couple weeks now, please forgive my rudeness by not posting a proper intro.

Last week I made my first batch of filled cupcakes (in ice cream cones at that) and I used the "not really twinkie" filling from the recipes section. It was awesome! Dh and the kids went crazy and have requested more. LOL

I found I had left over filling so I mixed it half and half with some raspberry filling I had in the fridge that was a bit too tart to use on its own and torted a chocolate cake with said mixture. That too was a huge hit and even I who doesn't care for raspberry loved it mixed with the "not really twinkie" filling.

mohara Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 9

I searched for this recipe after someone else mentioned they used it and I couldn't find it! I was going to use it for the ice cream cone ones too! It is for my 4 year olds birthday party coming up. (I am sure this will be a guaranteed messy treat!) Can you tell me exactly where it is? I looked under fillings and frostings. Maybe I'll just losing it, but can you tell me where it is. I thought I looked under "n" for "not..." but maybe it is elsewhere or maybe I just missed it.

Thanks!!!

mohara Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 9

I found it!!!

It doesn't seem to be listed in the actual recipes section, however I then did a search in the forums section on "twinkie" and found it -and some very other helpful links too.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

msumissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msumissa Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 9

I can't find the recipe when I do a search it just takes me back to the forums... icon_confused.gif Can someone please post the link for the twinkie filling? Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lilsacredmoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsacredmoon Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 5:22pm
post #8 of 9

Here is the original thread:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2220-twinkie.html

borrowed from above thread:

Quote:
Quote:

Not really "twinkie filling" filling
1 C milk
1 C sugar (granulated)
1/2 C Crisco
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter

Mix flour with milk in saucepan, boil until thick, pull from heat and cool. Once cooled, you should take a mixer and beat it until it's fluffy, usually about 10-15 minutes then, add the rest of the ingredients one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then spread filling between layers of cake.
(hint- the longer the flour mix is beaten the fluffier it will be!)

Hope that helps thumbs_up.gif

Lil

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 9:16pm
post #9 of 9

the one I used was even easier

not sure of the measure ments off hand

1 jar of marshmello fluff
crisco (was it 1/2 cup?????)
vanilla amount???? 1 teaspoon ???
and powdered sugar was it 1/3 cup????

oh and salt was it 1/4 t disolved in 1 Tablespoon hot water??????

It was wonderfull they all loved it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%