I Cant Believe That This Turned Out Ok!

Decorating By CMarie Updated 5 Jul 2007 , 8:25pm by peytonsmommy

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 7

our neighborhood was having a community cook out for the 4th and of course i decided to make a cake. well my first idea was to do a whimiscal cake. ive never done one before and i thought this would be the perfect oppertunity to try it. well everything started ok, i had my cakes baked on monday and i was going to crumb coat and start decorating decorate on tuesday. this is where the problem starts, recently ive been buying the pre-made wilton buttercream, its saves me time and a mess. well i went to wal mart to buy some and they had NONE! i decided to just go home and make some to finish the cake, got home really late and decided to just get up early wednesday and finish decorating. well the party didnt start until 5, so i got up early and made my icing, but i didnt have alot of powdered suger and to make things worst my brakes on my car had went out the night before so i didnt have a ride to go get more. i was really freaking out because i didnt know what the heck i was going to do, so i went to my cake supply cuppard and found a bunch of fondant that i had bought, i had a bad experience trying to cover a cake before and vowed to never use it again, but i had no other option and i had red white and blue, so i used the fondant and i was so shocked that it actually turned out ok! fondant saved my day and i think that i'll use it more often, plus the people at the cookout LOVED it and ive already been asked to do a birthday cake in november!! i really couldnt have done it without everyone here, ive learned alot from you guys!!

here is the cake, what do you guys think? ok for my fondant cake?
LL

6 replies
staceyd1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyd1984 Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 7

wow, looks great, you would never guess that you hate fondant judging by this!

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 7

I really like it! What size cakes did you use?

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 7

Great job- glad it worked out. I'm sure the kids loved it when you lit all of those sparklers!

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 7

thanks guys!! i used 12", 8" and 6"

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 7

very pretty.

now, you just trot yourself over to this thread:
TOTM: Patriotism
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-376573.html

and post it there too so even more can see and you can join in the fun too!

peytonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peytonsmommy Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 7

I agree, the fondant looks great and wow, that's a lot of sparklers! I bet you could see the cake from a good distance after you lit all of those. I can honestly say I have never thought to put sparklers on a cake before. The things you learn on CC...

I'm not a fan of fondant either but i'm determined to master it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%