Creme Bouquet

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 2 Sep 2006 , 5:46am by ckdcr8r

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 15

Just went to do some shopping. I picked up the creme bouquet flavoring. how does it taste in butter cream ?

Can i mix it with almond extract and vanilla to flavor a cake?

14 replies
lymary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lymary Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 15

Hello!

I only use creme bouquet only on cake. I dont like it in buttercream.

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 15

Ok I am stupid here what is creme bouquet? Is it a flavoring and if so what does it taste like?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 15

Yes you can. I started using it in my almond/butter extract mix for buttercream - a few drops. It's sort of a lemony infusion. The combination tastes and smells great to me.

SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 15

I have used this in white cake mix and it makes it a little more moist and flavorful, however when I tried it in a chocolate mix, it was weird tasting!

gypsycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gypsycake Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 15

I tried the cream bouquet by mistake in my chocolate cake too but just put 1t on it and it tastes good. I have used the butavan though on the buttercream 1t and 1/2 and it is awsome!

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 15

Creme Bouquet was the flavoring I used when I started taking cake decorating classes. My instructor was partial to the flavor so that's what I used in my buttercream icing. I don't mix it with other flavors and definitely not in chocolate. It's rather a unique taste.

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 4:16am
post #8 of 15

I like it in both my white cakes and buttercream icing.

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 4:41am
post #9 of 15

Yeah, it's a citrus-vanilla flavor. I use it in combo with butter vanilla in my buttercream. That is my signature icing. Everyone loves it. I have also used it in my sugar cookies. I don't use it in cake, but I never make white cake. I think it is boring. I use the French Vanilla instead. Much more exciting.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 4:42am
post #10 of 15

Ooooooh, I'm so addicted to creme bouquet. I use it in frosting and cake batter, sometimes alone, sometimes as a flavor enhancer.

I'm going to experiment and see if it enhances the flavor of lemon jello (my least favorite flavor).

Going to buy myself a gallon for Xmas!

tentai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tentai Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 4:47am
post #11 of 15

love creme bouquet. makes the icing less sugary to me. what's butavan though?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 6:06am
post #12 of 15

I read about Butuvan on Earlene's website but they don't have it at my cake decorating store icon_sad.gif

mom2csc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2csc Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 12:56pm
post #13 of 15

thanks ckdcr8r,
I was wondering about using it in Sugar cookies. I'll pick some up today and give it a try. Do you still use vanilla or almond too?

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 4:41pm
post #14 of 15

How much do you use when you flavor a cake with it?
Thanks!

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 5:46am
post #15 of 15

Butuvan is a butter vanilla, sometimes called Buvan or just butter vanilla. It is thicker than liquid and more flavorful. I use this in combo with the creme bouquet in my icing, but it depends on what mood I'm in if I use anything with the cream bouquet in my cookies. I have not tried it with almond.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%