Question About Sam's Frosting I Need Help!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 9:46pm by brwntab

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 5

OK Please I hope someone knows the answer to this question? Has anyone ever bought and used the Sams Frosting My question is I will be making the Spider Man 3D Bust cake this week and I need a frosting that will crust if I add Powder Sugar to this frosting does anyone know if this would work or do I need to make my on crusting frosting ? Im really hoping to use the Sams Frosting since there is so much of it, if anyone knows the answer please PM me or respond to this form I need your input Im already nervous about making this cake I just need answers before I mess up a lot of frosting.

Molly2
icon_confused.gif

4 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 5

If you are referring to the Sam's Club buttercream, yes it does crust. You do not need to add anything to it. A few times I added nothing at all. On two occasions it was very hot and humid and the icing was softer than I wanted. I added a little flour to make it more stiff. It worked wonderfully and did not effect the taste. I did not want to add confectioners sugar, because it is already so sweet.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 5

Thank You for responding

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 5

Molly2, I purchased something called Brill in a 35 gallon tub just to see if customers would notice the difference and they did, but still likied it to. I use it now to crumb coat and accent decorate. If I am going to add flavoring too it, I DO add some powdered sugar or some meringue, but usually not, I would assume the same would be true for the sam's club, usually those prefab large quantity ones crust pretty well icon_smile.gif Good luck!

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

Adonisthegreek1, I have heard of adding flour but never knew what kind (sr, ap, or cf, would you please tell me which one that you use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%