Cc Has Created A 5 Year Old Monster!!!

Decorating By NEWTODECORATING Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 8:08pm by MillyCakes

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 11

My son turns 5 on the 7th of this month. Things have been crazy at home and I am just now planning the party. When I ask him this am what kind of cake he wants his reply was " I want Patrick Star (from spongebob) standing up on 2 legs" I said Clayton I am not sure mommy can do that. His reply "Mommy they can do it on cake central. Are you not as good as those people?" icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

OK so he has driven home a very good point...I am not as good as "those people", but now the little stinker has challenged me.

I am thinking of making 3D patrick out of rice krispy treats and 3D Spongebob from cake.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I need to meet the expectations of a 5 year old! icon_cry.gif

10 replies
Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 11

Your idea sound great, but I actually had to respond because your son's comment about CC was so stinkin' cute and gave me a good chuckle!!!!!!! "Out of the mouth's of babes"...........

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 11

rather than stand spongebob up on legs....

have him sitting down with legs out in front -- that way his body is just a tall stack of cake (in essence several same size tiers stacked and iced)

and re patrick:
https://host239.ipowerweb.com/~fansanit/store/images/products/506_large.jpg

notice how at his core he's a wondermold???
so stubby legs, styroball bottom of belly,
wondermold main body, RKT arms and extension to head?

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 11

I have a 4 and 5 year old so I can relate...that's just too cute!! Thankfully my one year old isn't demanding yet! Good luck on your cake...the good thing is that kids are easy to please icon_smile.gif

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 11

Just after I posted my response I clicked on the home page and saw this had just been added...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-737043.html

Talk about good timing icon_smile.gif

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAE33

Just after I posted my response I clicked on the home page and saw this had just been added...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-737043.html

Talk about good timing icon_smile.gif

Cool cake!!

My kids love SpongeBob!! NEWTODECORATING I can't wait to see the cake you make! They love to just look at all the cake pictures on here...so that's what prompted me to open your post, thinking, "Yep, my kids are cake monsters too!"

NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 11

OK guys now you have my creative juices flowing!!! Such great ideas!

I swear Doug must have x-ray vision. He can look inside a object and see its construction. Gonna have to keep that in mind if we ever have that CC convention icon_redface.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

I live in the curvy hills of WV I doubt Spongebob standing on two legs would make it to the party! VERY cool cake though! I am off to make some comments on it!!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 11

I actually want to comment on your avitar. I LOVE IT!! I have two goldens. They are the best dogs in the world! Give yours a big hug for me. LOL

NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:48pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks-"Shaq" will be 15 years old on the 19th of this month. Hummm I wonder what kind of cake he wants?? icon_lol.gif

Your right they don't come any better than a golden! thumbs_up.gif

NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 7:58pm
post #10 of 11

UPDATE-same 5 year old boy just came to me and said "Mom I've been thinking...you could use lollipop sticks and marshmallows to make patricks legs" icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif Am I raising a cake freak or the next Duff?? icon_confused.gif

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 8:08pm
post #11 of 11

My 6 year old loves to sit at my computer and view all the cakes. He know how to get in and out of the gallery just about as good as I do! Good luck with your cake!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%