Edible Image Printers

Decorating By kdhoffert Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 5:39pm by Lisa

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 4

Is there an updated list of edible image printers? I recieved the article today in the email, but upon looking for a ton of them on amazon, a lot of them were unavailable and said they are discontinued from the manufacturer, which I'm assuming means that there's been new models that have replaced them.

3 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 4

Go to Kopykake.com and they will give you a list of the printers that work with their inks. I use the Epson Stylus 3810 and I truely like it because it's an all in one and when my computer went down a couple of weeks ago I was able to copy the pictue I needed without the computer. Just remember that what ever printer you get, it will have to be dedicated to the edible inks.
Oh yeah, I ended up getting my printer off of ebay for relatively cheap, brand new and unopened. Good luck!

kdhoffert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdhoffert Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

how does that compare to all the canon ones everyone seems to recommend price and quality wise?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhoffert

Is there an updated list of edible image printers? I recieved the article today in the email, but upon looking for a ton of them on amazon, a lot of them were unavailable and said they are discontinued from the manufacturer, which I'm assuming means that there's been new models that have replaced them.

The list is current to date. Kopykake is still working on edible ink cartridges for the newest Canon models and when those come out, the list will be updated. If you want to buy from an office/electronics store, your best bet will be the Canon MP130. Otherwise, the Canon iP3000 or iP1500 are great choices and can be found new on eBay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%